Cotton Candy Cookies
Quick and easy cotton candy cookies recipe starts off with a cake mix. These crispy and chewy sugar cookies are great for serving at kids birthday parties!
Cotton candy stirs up CHILDHOOD memories, which led me to develop this cotton candy cookies recipe.
Imagine biting into crispy chocolate crinkle cookies, topped off with marshmallow fluff and cloud-like cotton candy pieces… Yummmmmm!
These cotton candy cake cookies start off with a chocolate cake mix and I like how the sweetness from the cotton candy and marshmallow fluff balances out the rich chocolate flavor.
Talk about sugar overload…Right?! lol.
I remember going to carnivals during Summer time. They didn’t have great rides or shows but going with my family and friends always made those carnivals the BEST! We used to laugh so much our cheeks would hurt and we would eat so much carnival food that our tummies would hurt.
One of my favorite things to eat there was pink cotton candy and I love it on top of chocolate cookies now!
How to make cotton candy cookies?
- Bake chocolate cookies, using a cake mix.
- Allow the cookies to cool down and top it off with marshmallow fluff or frosting.
- Decorate with cotton candy and enjoy.
Tips for cotton candy sugar cookies:
- You can make cotton candy cookies from scratch but I use a cake mix because it’s quick and easy.
- For a carnival party, consider making cotton candy cake and cotton candy cupcakes by decorating your cake and cupcakes with frosting and cotton candy.
- Don’t add cotton candy in the dough to make cotton candy cookie dough because I tried it and it was disgusting.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature so that they blend together smoothly.
- You can replace marshmallow fluff with classic American buttercream frosting.
- If you are using marshmallow fluff, you must serve immediately because fluff is not very stable and starts to spread out.
- The cookies must cool down completely before you frost it and decorate it with cotton candy or else it will all melt and dissolve into a sticky mess.
Other fun and easy cookie recipes:
- Crispy Rainbow Sugar Cookies
- Easy Fall Cookies (Leaf Cookies)
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies (Cut Out Recipe)
- Easy Turkey Cookies
- Acorn Cookies
- Snowflake Cookies
Cotton Candy Cookies
- 1 Box Chocolate cake mix
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Granulated sugar, For rolling cookie balls
- 2 cups Cotton candy
- 2 cups Marshmallow fluff
- Add the the cake mix powder, eggs, oil, baking powder and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Mix everything until just combined.
- Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes so that it's easier to handle.
- Scoop out small portions of the cookie dough and shape them into balls.
- Roll the cookie balls in a bowl filled with granulated sugar.
- Place these balls on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are hard and crispy on the edges.
- When the cookies have cooled down to room temperature, top off each cookie with a spoonful of marshmallow fluff and some cotton candy. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!