These quick and easy, no bake chocolate chip cookie dough bars are healthy and eggless. They are fun to make with kids and great as a homemade gift.
*Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring today’s post so I can share this chocolate chip cookie dough bars recipe with all of you. As always, all opinions are mine.*
I have made EASY these chocolate chip cookie dough bars twice in the last week because my friends keep asking for them…lol.
The surprising thing about these bars is that they are fairly HEALTHY.
Instead of butter or shortening, I used coconut oil.
Rather than sugar, I SWEETENED these no bake bars with honey.
I also used almond flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Even my little kiddo approves of them and he’s such a fussy eater… Geeze! heheh.
These RAW chocolate chip cookie dough bars are:
- Quick and easy to make
- Healthy (No butter, No shortening, No granulated sugar)
- Great as a snack or dessert
- Require no baking
- Fun to make with kids
- Great as a homemade gift during Christmas holidays
So, has that list CONVINCED you to run into the kitchen and make these immediately? 😉
Here are some TIPS for making PERFECT chocolate chip cookie dough bars every single time:
- Use semisweet chocolate chips for the dough and coating. It’s healthier and tastes the best too.
- Don’t melt the coconut oil or else the cookie dough will become too soft and hard to manage.
- Make sure to buy pure honey. Some of the stuff in the market these days is fake.
- Chocolate molds (like the one I used today) are cheap and available on Amazon.
- If you don’t have a chocolate mold, you can roll the dough into little balls and chill them. Then, dip them in melted chocolate and let it set and you can enjoy cookie dough balls/cookie dough truffles.
- You can also spread the dough in a rectangular cake pan, chill in the fridge for an hour and then top it off with melted chocolate. Once the chocolate sets, cut squares and enjoy!
- You can simply eat this chocolate chip cookie dough by the spoon, if you like.
- You can also modify the recipe a bit and make vegan chocolate chip cookie dough bars=> Omit collagen peptides and use an alternative sweetener such as agave, stevia or maple syrup.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I added Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides in this dough because it gives it a boost of nutrition without even changing the texture or flavor of your recipe.
They also come in small individual packets now, making it so CONVENIENT to carry it around with you on road trips.
How COOL in that?
I have been raving about this product for months and it’s seriously AMAZING for the health of your skin, bones, hair, nails.
Here is a VIDEO, showing you how to make these delicious healthy chocolate chip cookie dough bars and the printable recipe is below.
If you liked these healthy refrigerated cookie dough bars, you should check out some of these other healthy desserts too:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp Honey (based on your preference)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 Packet Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¼ cup Mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups Melted dark chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add flour and collagen peptides and mix again.
- Add chocolate chips and mix everything together with a spatula.
- Use a paintbrush to paint the inside of a chocolate mold with melted chocolate. Freeze the mold for 10 minutes.
- Fill the mold with cookie dough, leaving some empty space at the top.
- Fill the space at the top with melted chocolate. Freeze the mold for 10 minutes.
- Flip the mold onto a sheet of wax paper tap it on the top and sides until the chocolate bar comes out.
- Make as many bars as you want and enjoy!
Read all my tips above.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies.
*Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all opinions are mine.*