This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These quick and easy chewy chocolate Nutella cookies are addictive. They are rich and fudgy and have a brownie-like texture. Great for cookie exchanges.
If there is anything in this world I love MORE than chocolate, it’s NUTELLA and these Nutella cookies have stolen my heart! They are just as good as my 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies and Nutella Syrup. I swear a batch DOESN’T last longer than a day at my place. They are CRISPY and crackly on the outside but CHEWY on the inside. They are really rich and FUDGY and it almost feels like you are eating brownies.
These Nutella cookies are made WITHOUT cocoa powder, without butter, shortening or oil. The ingredients in the Nutella spread are enough to REPLACE all those key ingredients that we usually see in traditional cookie recipes.
Brown sugar is not really necessary in these cookies either but I still like to add a few tablespoons of brown sugar. I feel that ENHANCES the “chewy” texture of these cookies.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
TIPS for perfect Nutella cookies
- Don’t skip the step where you have to chill the cookie dough balls or else your cookies will spread, while baking.
- I used roughly chopped chocolate chunks in these chocolate Nutella cookies but you can easily replace that with good quality semisweet or dark chocolate chips.
- You can halve this recipe to make a small batch of Nutella cookies. However, since it is difficult to half an egg, I would suggest using egg beaters instead of an egg.
- Don’t replace baking powder with baking soda.
- This easy Nutella cookies recipe does NOT include butter, shortening, oil or cocoa powder. It’s NOT a typo! Please do not add those ingredients.
- These chewy Nutella cookies taste best when they are warm and fresh out of the oven. They are so ooey gooey!
- Store all leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature and try to finish them off within 3 days. You can always microwave the cookies for 10 seconds and they will taste like they are fresh out of the oven again.
- I have tried making these Nutella cookies without flour, without eggs and even a batch with oatmeal. All of them had a very unusual texture and they were flat and looked nothing like a cookie. So, I don’t recommend those substitutions and changes.
Other Easy Cookie Recipes
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 Egg Large
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Flour All-purpose
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 cup Semisweet chocolate Roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Semisweet chocolate chips Optional, For topping
- In a mixing bowl, add Nutella and egg and mix until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and mix again.
- Add flour, baking powder and mix until crumbly.
- Add roughly chopped chocolate and use your hands to combine everything together.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll them into little balls. Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the tray for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges have set.
- Before the cookies have a chance to cool down, push a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge or even room temperature for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 10 seconds to make them ooey gooey and soft again.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!