Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
Quick and easy marshmallow frosting recipe made with 4 simple ingredients: Butter, sugar, marshmallow fluff, vanilla. It’s rich, smooth, creamy, fluffy!
I made this fluffy marshmallow frosting a few years ago when my kiddo asked for a frosting with marshmallows. Using actual marshmallows was a pain. So, I used fluff and it worked really well and he loved it!
Use this marshmallow frosting for cupcakes, cakes and brownies as a topping or filling.
Keep in mind that this is not a toasted marshmallow frosting and you cannot use a torch on it because it will melt into a mess.
How to make marshmallow frosting/ marshmallow fluff frosting?
- Mix together butter and vanilla extract.
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- Mix in marshmallow fluff until creamy.
- Chill and pipe on cake/ cupcakes.
Tips for marshmallow frosting recipe from scratch:
- Use unsalted butter because salted butter makes the frosting very salty.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature because they will blend together smoothly.
- Vanilla extract can be replaced with any other extract of your choice.
- If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar (1/4 cup at a time) to thicken it up.
- If the frosting is too thick, add a little milk (1 tsp at a time) to thin it out.
- This frosting is SWEET and thus, it’s best paired with cake and cupcakes that are not too sweet.
- The consistency of this frosting is different and not suitable for many decorating techniques, especially the intricate ones.
- Don’t replace marshmallow fluff with actual marshmallows because the result was not the same and it took longer to melt the marshmallows and then use them.
- Chilling the frosting before piping makes it easier to handle and the frosting swirls hold their shape better.
- Marshmallow fluff can be replaced with marshmallow cream to make marshmallow cream frosting/marshmallow frosting without eggs.
- For vegan marshmallow frosting, use vegan fluff or cream.
What cupcakes to pair with marshmallow icing?
- White Wedding Cupcakes
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- Coconut Orange Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Mocha Cupcakes (Coffee Cupcakes)
Other frosting recipes:
- Easy Orange Frosting (Buttercream Icing)
- Cooked Flour Buttercream (Ermine Frosting)
- Blackberry Buttercream Frosting
- Best Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- American Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Seven Minute Frosting
- Healthy Coconut Cream Chocolate Frosting
- Mango Frosting
Easy Marshmallow Frosting
Quick and easy marshmallow frosting recipe made with 4 simple ingredients: Butter, sugar, marshmallow fluff, Vanilla. It's rich, smooth, creamy, fluffy!
- 1 cup Butter Unsalted, Room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 jar Marshmallow fluff 13 oz jar
Add butter and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
Add powdered sugar (1 cup at a time) and mix until creamy.
Add marshmallow fluff until smooth and fluffy.
Chill for 30 minutes to make frosting easier to pipe (optional) and frost your cupcakes with Tip 1M. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up 1 week.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!