Easy Oreo Turkey Cookies
Quick and easy turkey cookies, made with simple ingredients like Oreos and candy corn. These Thanksgiving cookies are fun to make with kids.
I have been making these simple turkey cookies with my son and all the other little kids in the family for a few years. It’s become a family tradition for Thanksgiving. If you are fond of turkey treats, be sure to check out this Turkey Cake and this Turkey Cake Topper.
These Oreo turkey cookies with candy corn are great for kids!
These easy turkey cookies are ready in 15 minutes!
They are no bake and you only need 5 store-bought ingredients to make them.
How to make turkey cookies?
- Open an Oreo cookie in half.
- Pour some melted chocolate on one side.
- Stick a few candy corns.
- Place the other cookie on top and stick it together.
- Decorate the turkey face with candy corns and eyeball candies.
Tips for Thanksgiving turkey cookies
- Instead of Oreos, any other brand of chocolate cream filled cookies can be used.
- Eyeball candies can be ordered online from Amazon or Wilton or they can be found in the baking aisle at most grocery stores.
- Don’t use frosting to stick assemble everything because it’s not very secure and does not dry hard like chocolate. Also, frosting is more messy for kids.
Turkey cookie cutters
No cutters are required for recipe below, making them so simple to assemble.
Turkey decorated cookies
These cookies are decorated with candy corns, pumpkin chocolate chips and eyeball candies. You can also add mini pretzels for turkey legs.
Turkey sugar cookies
Prepare this small batch of sugar cookies recipe and then roll it out. Use a cutter to cute out turkey shapes and decorate with the best royal icing recipe.
Fudge stripe turkey cookies
Instead of Oreos, you can use fudge stripe cookies but I think Oreos look the best.
Thanksgiving cookies/ Thanksgiving sugar cookies
Just do a Google search or Pinterest search and you will see many Thanksgiving cookie designs to inspire you. These Acorn cookies and these Easy Fall Cookies (Leaf Cookies) from my blog archives are two other cookie designs that are also perfect for this holiday.
Easy Turkey Cookies (Oreo Turkey Cookies)
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup Chocolate, Melted
- 2 cups Candy corn
- 20 Eyeball candies
- 10 Pumpkin chocolate chips
- Separate an Oreo cookie so that you have one cookie with filling and one without filling.
- Pour some melted chocolate on the side with filling.
- Arrange the candy corns in the shape of feathers.
- Place the other cookie on top and press gently to stick everything together.
- Use melted chocolate to stick eyes and chocolate chip beak on top of the Oreo and you are done.
- Leftovers can be stored in a plastic container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!
Where did you find the pumpkin chips? Internet search is turning up empty.
I have always bought them from Jewel Osco or Walmart. They always show up around the last week of October- first week of November and I stock up on them…lol.
You could use butterscotch chips if you can not find the pumpkin
What is the “brand of the pumpkin chocolate chips”….I’ve searched major brands and cannot find who makes these!!!!
It’s the Nestle brand and it’s called “pumpkin spice.” Someone else suggested using butterscotch chips instead.
I made these for my daughter’s Brownie troop 20 years this is truly is an oldie butt a goodie. Thanks for bringing this out for todays kids to enjoy.