Mocha Pancakes With Mocha Syrup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These easy mocha pancakes with mocha syrup are soft and fluffy. Prefect for breakfast or dessert and packed with chocolate and coffee flavors.
*I received an OXO Good Grips non-stick anodized griddle to use for this mocha pancakes with mocha syrup recipe. As always, all opinions are mine.*
If you are a FAN of chocolate and coffee, you are going to LOVE this simple mocha pancakes recipe.
My husband and I couldn’t STOP eating them!
They are super SOFT and FLUFFY and have quite a caffeine kick!
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
These cappuccino pancakes are packed with chocolate chips and have a hint of COFFEE flavor, thanks to the use of espresso powder.
Honestly, it’s the mocha syrup that takes these chocolate mocha pancakes over the TOP!
Just look at that GLOSSY coffee syrup!
Totally drool-worthy! Eh?
I am sure you can enjoy these espresso pancakes without that syrup but seriously, enjoy them with mocha syrup because it’s totally WORTH it!!!
You can serve these mocha pancakes with whipped cream too.
However, whatever you do, don’t serve these cafe mocha pancakes with regular maple syrup.
It was a horrible flavor combination… YUCK!
If you are a Nutella lover, you can also try out my Nutella syrup on these coffee pancakes.
How to make mocha pancakes from scratch?
It’s a very simple process. Start off by preparing the pancake batter. Mix together all the wet ingredients (milk, egg and butter) in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, espresso powder, baking powder and baking soda). Dump the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t over-mix and don’t worry if there are some lumps. Pour this mixture (1/4 cup at a time) on a hot griddle. Toss some chocolate chips. Then, flip over the pancake and cook the other side for about a minute. Serve with mocha syrup and toss additional chocolate chips, if you like.
Here are some TIPS for making PERFECT mocha pancakes with mocha syrup:
- Don’t over-mix the pancake batter or else you will end up with very tough pancakes.
- Don’t replace espresso powder with regular coffee granules. Espresso powder has a very fine texture and dissolves completely in liquid. You can find espresso powder in the tea/coffee aisle at most grocery stores.
- Make sure your griddle is hot before you pour the pancake batter. It will cook evenly and quickly.
- Don’t skip the mocha syrup. That’s what truly takes these pancakes worth it!
- You must use both, baking powder and baking soda. Don’t skip one or the other!
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 24 hours but seriously, they taste best when served fresh and I don’t recommend storing them for later.
By the way, I recently received an OXO griddle to use and review and I LOVE it!
The griddle is BIG with dimensions of 11″x 11.”
You can easily make 4 small pancakes at a time OR 1 big pancake.
It’s NON-STICK and really EASY to clean.
You can just wipe everything off with a wet cloth or toss it in the dishwasher.
If you liked these mocha pancakes, you may also like some of these other mocha recipes:
Mocha Pancakes with Mocha Syrup
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1⅓ cup Milk Whole
- 2 tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1½ tbsp Espresso powder Good quality
- 1 tbsp Sugar Granulated
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- ½ cup Coffee Brewed
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Sugar + 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Butter unsalted
- In a mixing bowl, add milk, egg and butter. Mix thoroughly and keep aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and espresso powder.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour ¼ cup of this mixture on a hot griddle. Toss some chocolate chips on top. When you see bubbles, flip your pancake and and cook the other side.
- Mix everything on medium heat until the mixture starts to thicken. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add butter and vanilla extract. Stir everything together.
- Now, top off your pancakes with some chocolate chips and mocha syrup. Enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!