This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This healthy mocha smoothie recipe is an easy breakfast on the go. It’s rich, creamy and made with oats, cocoa and coffee powder for a strong caffeine kick!
*Thank you Jif and Dannon for sponsoring today’s post so that I can share this coffee mocha smoothie recipe with you. As always, all opinions are mine.*
It was only a matter of time before I figured out a way to incorporate this awesome flavor in a breakfast smoothie and so this mocha smoothie with the perfect caffeine kick was INVENTED!
It’s packed with all things that are GOOD for you: Yogurt, milk, oats and then it’s flavored with cocoa powder, espresso powder and peanut powder.
You just dump everything in a blender and you will end up with a RICH and creamy smoothie that will fill you up for a couple of hours.
Even Hubby APPROVED of this smoothie, who is generally not a big smoothie fan…lol.
This smoothie was truly a life saver yesterday when anything and everything that can possibly go wrong went wrong => Water pipe bursting, internet issues and a cranky toddler!
Some days are just CHALLENGING and you need a comforting beverage to make it all worth it.
I used Dannon Oikos (Vanilla) Triple Zero Greek Nonfat Yogurt in this smoothie to give it some thickness.
It has 0 fat, 0 added sugar and 0 artificial sweeteners plus 15g of protein per 5.3 oz (*not a low calorie food!)
I have also finally started using Jif™ peanut powder in my smoothies and I can’t believe I waited this long…
It has 85% less fat than traditional peanut butter and has no added sugar!
Here are some other mocha smoothie FLAVOR VARIATIONS you can try:
- For banana mocha smoothie, add 1 banana in this recipe.
- For almond mocha smoothie recipe, use almond milk.
- For peanut butter mocha smoothie, add a 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- For mocha protein smoothie, add a 1-2 tablespoons of your vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
How to make mocha smoothie?
Add ice, brewed coffee, milk, yogurt, oats, cocoa powder, sugar in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
This healthy mocha smoothie recipe is an easy breakfast on the go. It's rich, creamy and made with oats, cocoa and coffee powder for a strong caffeine kick!
- 1 cup Crushed ice
- 1/4 cup Brewed coffee Strong
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar Adjust accordingly
- 1 tsp Espresso powder Optional but highly recommended
- 1 tsp Peanut powder Optional
- 1/4 cup Quick cooking oats Optional
Add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
Pour into cups and enjoy!
- You can add more or less sugar, depending on your preference.
- I used 2% milk in this recipe but this smoothie tastes good with other types of milk too.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!