How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream (13 Flavors)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to make quick and easy homemade whipped cream recipe with 3 simple ingredients. Creamy, stable and holds its peaks with many flavor options.
How long does whipped cream last?
It can last for at least 1 week. However, it has a tendency to loose its volume and deflate the longer it sits in the fridge. So, you will have to whip it again, prior to using or serving.
How do you beat homemade whipped cream?
- By hand– You can use a hand-held whip but it takes very long!
- With mixer– An electric or stand mixer with the whip attachment works best.
How to make whipped cream?
Whip together heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract until peaks form.
Flavored whipped cream recipe
The basic method is that you whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Then, you mix in any additional extracts or add-ins of your choice (peanut butter, maple syrup e.t.c.) and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Lemon– Omit vanilla extract and replace with 1 tsp lemon extract and 1/2 tsp lemon zest.
- Maple- Mix in 1-2 tbsp maple syrup.
- Vanilla- Increase the amount of vanilla to 1.5 teaspoons.
- Cinnamon- Mix in 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Oreo– Mix in 2-3 tbsp Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Chocolate– Mix in 2 tbsp cocoa powder and increase amount of sugar to about 2 tbsp too.
- Coffee– Mix in 1 tsp espresso powder
- Peppermint– Omit vanilla extract and mix in 1/2 tsp peppermint extract.
- Coffee: Mix in 1 tsp espresso powder
- Caramel– Mix in 2 tbsp caramel sauce.
- Peanut butter– Mix in 1-2 tbsp creamy peanut butter.
- Nutella– Mix in 1-2 tbsp Nutella.
- Strawberry/ Raspberry/ Blackberry/ Blueberry- Mix in 2 tbsp jam in desired flavor.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup Heavy cream Chilled
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Chill all of your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, add cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and mix with a stand mixer (with the whip attachment) or hand-held electric mixer until stiff peaks form and cream is thick and fluffy.
- Spread it on top of your cakes, pies, tarts and serve immediately.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, it has a tendency to deflate slightly. So, whip it again, prior to serving.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!