Eggnog French Toast
Quick and easy eggnog french toast recipe, made with simple ingredients. This delicious Christmas breakfast is a great way to use up leftover eggnog.
We make eggnog french toast every Christmas morning and both, kids and adults love it. It’s very simple to make. If you are crazy about eggnog like me, you really need to make these Eggnog Cookies (Soft and Chewy) and this Eggnog Cheesecake (No Bake).
Tips for eggnog french toast recipe
- Use thick slices of bread like french bread or challah because they absorb the eggnog mixture well without becoming “mushy.”
- The amount of nutmeg and rum extract can be adjusted, based on your preference.
- If you don’t have a griddle, make these in a nonstick pan on stovetop.
- For a sweet and salty flavor combination, top it off with crispy bacon bits.
- Other topping options: butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, ground cinnamon or nutmeg, whipped cream, fresh berries or even Sugared Cranberries.
- Recipe can easily be doubled to serve a bigger crowd.
Overnight eggnog french toast casserole/ Eggnog french toast bake
I am still perfecting this version but the following worked really well, last year:
- Use thick slices of challah bread.
- Use 8 eggs.
- Double the rest of the ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk too.
Prepare the eggnog mixture by combining together eggs, eggnog, milk, rum extract, nutmeg. Pour this over a buttered baking dish (Dimensions: 9×13), lined with slices of challah bread. Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 45- 50 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle powdered sugar and nutmeg on top, prior to serving with maple syrup.
How do you make eggnog french toast?
- Combine together eggs, eggnog, milk, rum extract, nutmeg.
- Dip slices of bread in this mixture.
- Cook on a griddle or a nonstick pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Top off with butter and syrup and you are done.
How do you make eggnog waffles?
Use your favorite waffle recipe and replace milk with the same quantity of eggnog and add 1/2 tsp rum extract and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
How do you make eggnog pancakes?
Use your favorite pancake recipe and replace milk with the same quantity of eggnog and add 1/2 tsp rum extract and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
Easy Eggnog French Toast
- 1.5 cups Eggnog
- 5 Eggs, Large
- 1/2 tsp Rum extract
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 12 Slices Toast, Or slices of french bread
- Syrup , For drizzling on top
- Butter, For topping
- Dip each side of bread in this eggnog mixture and very gently, lift it and place it on a hot buttered griddle.
- Cook one side until golden brown. Then, flip it and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Top it off with thin slices of butter and maple syrup or pancake syrup.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!