This easy no bake coffee cheesecake recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. A thick graham cracker crust is topped off with mocha cheesecake, chocolate ganache and chocolate decorations.
*Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring today's post so that I can share this mocha cheesecake recipe with all of you.*
This dessert is loaded with two of my favorite flavors- chocolate and coffee. Seriously, it has 6 tablespoons of strong espresso powder. That makes it ideal for coffee- loving chocoholics, same as this Chocolate Coffee Cake. Most cheesecake recipes are so complicated that they make my head spin. Thankfully, this version is super easy and you don't even have to turn on your oven. I also made it glamorous by adding some decorative abstract chocolate pieces and coffee beans and spraying everything with gold edible mist, just like my Gold Cake.
Key ingredients for no bake mocha cheesecake
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Espresso powder
- Heavy cream
- Edible gold spray
- Coffee beans
- Chocolate bars
- Edible pearls
How to make easy coffee cheesecake recipe from scratch?
- Prepare the graham cracker crust.
- Prepare the cheesecake mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust.
- Prepare chocolate ganache.
- Pour it on top of the cake and let it drip along the sides.
- Decorate with gold sprayed chocolate pieces, coffee beans, edible pearls.
Variations, Tips and Techniques
- Adding some gelatin in no-bake cheesecakes allows it to hold its shape better, especially when slices are made.
- DON'T use low fat or sugar free whipped cream! The results aren't be the same.
- When making the crust, always remember that if you add too much butter, the crust will become greasy. If not enough butter is added, the crust won't hold its shape together.
- I like to add a little bit of coconut in my graham cracker crust but it is optional. It simply adds a subtle "coconutty" flavor and chewiness to the crust.
- If you prefer a salty crust, you can use salted butter instead of unsalted butter.
- You can apply the graham cracker crust recipe to any type of graham crackers- original, cinnamon and even chocolate flavored ones.
- You must pack the graham cracker crust together so that it doesn't fall apart. The best way to do that is by pressing down the flat base of a drinking glass or a measuring cup to make everything compact and firm.
- The crust must be refrigerated for about 3 hours or until the butter solidifies and it becomes hard and firm. Then, spread cheesecake mixture on top of this crust.
As you know, I love Vital Proteins gelatin and used it in today's recipe ad well as that Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake I shared a few weeks ago. It works just like regular gelatin but has the added benefit of all these nutrients that help your skin, bones, hair and nails. Best of all, it's colorless, odorless and flavorless.
More coffee desserts
- Coffee Popsicles (With Iced Coffee)
- Coffee Brownies (Mocha Espresso Brownies)
- Easy Coffee Pancakes (With Mocha Sauce/Syrup)
- Easy Coffee Truffles (Mocha Espresso Truffles)
- Coffee Fudge (Espresso Fudge)
- Coffee Cookies (Espresso Mocha Cookies)
- Mocha Cupcakes (Coffee Cupcakes)
No Bake Mocha Cheesecake
Graham cracker crust:
- 1 cup Dark chocolate
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 10 Broken chocolate pieces
- ¼ cup Coffee beans
- Edible gold spray
- Edible gold pearls
Graham cracker crust instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, coconut, brown sugar and mix everything roughly with a fork.
- Add melted butter and mix everything until your have a coarse mixture.
- Dump this cookie mixture into a 6 inch springform pan.
- Press it down tightly, using the flat base of a drinking glass or measuring cup.
- Chill this graham cracker crust in the fridge for 30 minutes- 1 hour or until it becomes hard.
Mocha cheesecake instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix until everything becomes soft and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and mix again.
- Dissolve espresso powder in heavy cream and add this into the chocolate cream cheese mixture and mix again.
- Now, add gelatin and water in a small cup and let it bloom for 3 minutes. Then, heat it in the microwave until it dissolves.
- When the gelatin mixture cools down a bit, add it into the chocolate cream cheese mixture and mix again.
- Gently, stir in whipped cream until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon this mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate the cake for 5 hours or until the cheesecake layer sets.
Chocolate ganache instructions:
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream and set it on medium heat.
- When it's about to come to a boil, lower the heat and add chocolate.
- Whisk everything together until the chocolate fully melts and you have a smooth and glossy mixture.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and allow the ganache to cool down a bit.
- Gently, remove cheesecake from the springform pan and place it on a cake stand.
- Pour melted ganache on top of the cake and let it drip slightly down the sides.
- Finally, top off everything with chocolate pieces, coffee beans, edible pearls and spray everything with gold mist. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.