Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha
Rich, creamy, quick and easy white chocolate mocha recipe with peppermint, made with simple ingredients and ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for Christmas!
This post is sponsored by © The J.M. Smucker Company. All opinions are my own.
The Holidays make me want to enjoy warm beverages like today’s delicious peppermint white chocolate mocha. There is something about sipping a hot beverage near a cozy fireplace that just warms my soul and makes all my worries float away.
This is a recipe that has been in our family for years and we only make it on Christmas Eve. It’s especially great for people who are not too fond of regular milk chocolate or dark chocolate.
What is a white chocolate mocha?
It’s a smooth and creamy beverage that’s loaded with white chocolate and the sweetness is balanced by strong coffee.
Is white chocolate mocha coffee?
Yes, it is considered to be a coffee beverage because it includes some brewed coffee.
How to make a white chocolate mocha?
- Heat milk, heavy cream, white chocolate, sugar and peppermint extract together and keep aside
- Brew strong coffee.
- Fill a coffee mug one third of the way with coffee.
- Pour white chocolate milk all the way to the top.
- Top it off with whipped cream and crushed peppermint and you are done.
Iced white chocolate mocha
This beverage can be served hot or cold. If you are serving it cold:
- Chill the brewed coffee and chill the white chocolate milk.
- Add ice cubes in a big coffee mug.
- Fill it one third of the way with cold coffee.
- Pour chilled white chocolate milk all the way to the top.
- Top it off whipped cream.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy and shredded white chocolate and you are done.
Toasted white chocolate mocha
Some people like to use toasted white chocolate, which has a caramelized flavor and a brown color. I feel like that is an unnecessary extra step.
Homemade peppermint white chocolate mocha
Peppermint extract is strong. Be sure to go easy on it. If you add too much, the flavor and fragrance will become overwhelming. Also, if you use a candy cane to stir everything together, it can add a bit of peppermint flavor without becoming too strong and it’s also fun.
White chocolate mocha syrup/ White chocolate mocha sauce
I don’t use any syrups because I think they are not necessary and tend to make this mocha overly sweet. Instead, I use white chocolate milk.
Skinny white chocolate mocha
To make a “healthier” version, you can use low fat milk soy milk, almond milk or even coconut milk. Omit the sugar and whipped cream but unfortunately, you can’t replace white chocolate with anything else. There is no good healthy substitution for white chocolate.
I used Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Blend ground coffee and it made the perfect brew for this recipe. It’s high quality and I can always rely on its rich, deep and robust flavor to balance the white chocolate flavor and sweetness perfectly. You also don’t need a fancy coffee maker and can use whatever coffee maker you like with this product.
Tips for easy white chocolate mocha recipe
- Use full fat milk to maximum creaminess.
- Use best quality of white chocolate and coffee because it makes a big difference in the overall flavor.
- Make sure to brew strong coffee for the coffee flavor to truly shine through, in this beverage.
- Instead of peppermint extract, you can add vanilla extract or any other extract you like, for a different flavor profile.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, it can be replaced with half and half.
- Instead of whipped cream, you can also top this mocha off with milk foam.
Other Mocha Recipes
- Mocha Smoothie
- Mocha Pancakes with Mocha Syrup
- Mocha Almond Fudge
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake
- Mocha Brownies With Coffee Glaze
- Mocha Whoopie Pies
- Peppermint Mocha Pudding
- Mocha Cake Roll
- Mocha Caramel Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mocha Crinkle Cookies
Homemade White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
- 2 cups Milk, Whole
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2/3 cup White chocolate, Roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2-1 tsp Peppermint extract, Based on your preference
- 1 cup Richly brewed coffee made with Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee
- 1 cup Whipped cream, For topping
- 2 Candy canes or peppermint candies, Crushed, For topping
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add milk and heavy cream.
- Heat in the microwave.
- Brew strong coffee.
- Pour 1/3 cup brewed coffee in each mug.
- Pour 1 cup white chocolate milk in each mug.
- Top it all off with whipped cream and crushed peppermint.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave or stovetop.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!