Easy fruit pizza recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. A delicious Summer dessert with sugar cookie crust, cream cheese frosting and fresh fruits.
Today, we are talking about a twist on the classic pizza. Instead of a savory version, we are making a sweet dessert version. With a crispy cookie crust, fluffy cream cheese filling and a generous topping of fresh fruits, this will be a great Summer dessert. It's just as delicious as my Brownie Fruit Kabobs and Watermelon Cake.
How to make fruit pizza recipe?
- Bake cookie crust- Spread dough evenly in a round pan and bake until golden brown.
- Cool- Until it's no longer warm.
- Prepare cream cheese frosting- By mixing together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and Cool Whip.
- Assemble- Spread frosting evenly over the large cookie and add variety of fruits.
- Enjoy- Prior to serving, drizzle some caramel sauce, if you like. Dig in!
What toppings can you can put on sugar cookie fruit pizza?
Fresh fruits: Such as strawberries, kiwis bananas, blueberries, dragon fruits, mangoes, blackberries, raspberries, watermelon, oranges, grapes, cherries, pineapples, peaches. All fruits should be washed, sliced and patted dry.
Shredded coconut- Can be sweetened or unsweetened.
Nuts- Such as roughly chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews.
Dried fruits- Such as dried mangoes, pineapples, cranberries, raisins.
Chocolate chips- Can be semisweet, milk, dark or white.
Candies- Such as M&Ms or other small candies.
Mini fruit pizza cookies- Instead of a large cookie, make small cookies and top off each of them with with frosting and fruits. These are great individual desserts.
Try other flavors of cookie crusts- Such as chocolate chip, confetti, butter pecan, double chocolate e.t.c.
Add glaze- Thin out jam with water or juice and brush that on top of the fruits.
Try a brownie crust- Try this 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies.
Patriotic 4th of July flag pizza- Use rectangle pan. Once the cookie is done baking, decorate it with blueberries for the stars and strawberries for the red stripes.
Rainbow pizza- Decorate the cookie in the shape of a rainbow. Use white frosting or marshmallow for clouds and colorful fruits for rainbow stripes.
Make it a pizza party- Bake small cookies and let the kids decorate them any way they like. This is a fun activity for birthday parties!
Refrigerate- In a sealed container for up to 3 days
Freeze- I don't recommend this because the fruits don't thaw well and release too much water and make the cookies soggy and messy.
Make ahead instructions- You can make them 1 day ahead of any event. Keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Tips and Techniques
Homemade sugar cookie- Try this recipe with my Easy Sugar Cookies. However, the store-bought dough is already pre-made and convenient, if you want to save time.
Use full fat ingredients for frosting- Because that creates the creamiest and richest results. Cool Whip and cream cheese must be full fat.
You must grease pan- Or you can line pan with parchment paper because it makes it easier to remove cookie from pan and prevents burning and sticking.
Spread the cookie dough evenly in the pan- Because if it's not evenly spread out, it will also bake unevenly and one side might be thicker than the other side.
How to know the cookie crust is done baking? Just like a regular cookie, the edges will be firm and golden brown and the center will be slightly soft to the touch but not wet.
Don't frost a warm cookie- It needs to completely cool down or else the frosting will melt and make a sticky mess.
Fruits should be patted dry- Once you wash and slice them, make sure to use paper towels to pat them dry or else they will make a mess on top of the cookie with juices dripping everywhere.
Fresh fruits vs. Canned fruits- I highly recommend fresh fruits because they look and taste better.
More Fruit Desserts
- Orange Fruit Salad
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Easy Yogurt Parfait
- Chocolate Caramel Apples
- Chocolate Stuffed Raspberries
Easy Fruit Pizza
- 1 package Pre-made sugar cookie dough 1 pound package, I like the Pillsbury brand, Can use homemade sugar cookie recipe if you like
- 4 oz. Cream cheese Full fat
- 2 tablespoon Granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 8 oz. Cool Whip Full fat
- 3-4 cups Fresh fruits Such as oranges, strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, blackberries, pineapples, raspberries, peaches e.t.c.
- Spread the cookie dough evenly on a greased 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and edges become firm.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- While that's cooling, prepare the cream cheese topping- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip until combined.
- Spread frosting evenly on top of the sugar cookie with a spatula.
- Top it off with fresh fruits.
- Prior to serving, drizzle with some caramel sauce (optional). Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.