Orange Fruit Salad
Quick and easy orange fruit salad that makes a healthy dessert or snack. This healthy fruit salad is packed with oranges, bananas, strawberries and yogurt.
After getting my hands on the most PERFECT oranges, I knew I had to make this REFRESHING orange fruit salad.
This is one of my favorite Summer snacks.
My son, the PICKIEST eater in the world, even approves of them!
It’s very EASY to make and bursting with fruity flavors.
Plus, this fresh orange fruit salad is so VIBRANT and COLORFUL that it just makes me happy…hehe.
Since this is an orange fruit salad, I really wanted the ZESTY orange flavor to shine through.
That’s why I DIDN’T use every single type of fruit out there.
Also, in my opinion, this easy fruit salad with yogurt is best served in orange cups.
It just looks so PRETTY this way!
Here are some TIPS for making this homemade fruit salad:
- I used vanilla flavored greek yogurt but you can try different flavors. I LOVE using the orange flavored yogurt but it’s seasonal and not available all year.
- If you are on a dairy-free diet, you can use dairy-free yogurt.
- Instead of yogurt, whipped cream can also be used to make an orange cool whip salad.
- ADJUST the amount of honey and chocolate chips, based on your preference.
- Use MINI chocolate chips since they taste better in each bite.
- If you prefer a very CREAMY fruit salad, increase the amount of vanilla yogurt to your preference.
- I used oranges, strawberries and bananas but you can use whatever fruits you like.
- To give this fresh fruit salad a subtle CRUNCH, toss 1-2 tbsp chopped pecans in the mixture.
- If you don’t want to use fresh oranges (I don’t know why that would ever be the case?!?!), you can make orange mandarin salad by using canned mandarin oranges. Just be sure to blot them dry with paper towels.
- Also, this is NOT the recipe for an orange fluff jelly salad with marshmallows (That’s entirely different!).
How to make orange fruit salad?
Start off by cutting an orange in half and chopping up the pulp. Mix the pulp with the rest of the fruits, yogurt and honey. Add a little cinnamon and orange zest for flavoring. Serve in hollow orange cups and garnish with mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!
If you liked these orange fruit cups, you may like some of these other recipes for orange desserts:
Orange Fruit Salad
- Cut the orange in half and use a spoon to scoop out all the pulp but don't throw it away. Chop it up roughly.
- In a deep bowl, add sliced bananas, strawberries, roughly chopped up orange pulp, honey, yogurt, cinnamon, orange zest.
- Mix everything together.
- Fill orange shells with this fruit salad.
- Toss chocolate chips on top and sprinkle some powdered sugar, if you like. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!