Cake Mix Cookie Bars (20 Minutes)
Quick and easy cake mix cookie bars, requiring simple ingredients and ready in 30 minutes. They are soft and fudgy with many flavor options.
I have made these cake mix cookie bars so many times that I have lost count and people LOVE them! Some people may even call these monster cookie bars because they are packed with m&m candies and chocolate chips. Basically, imagine all the flavors of your favorite monster cookies but in bar form.
Trust me, when these babies come out of the oven, it’s impossible not to just grab a spoon and start eating from the pan itself…hahah. They are so warm and OOEY GOOEY….Yum! I have tried many easy bar cookie recipes but this version is the BEST, hands down!
Cake mix cookie bars with oil vs cake mix cookie bars with butter
I think that’s the biggest debate. I feel like oil creates the best texture and butter makes these bars too heavy and greasy but everyone has their own preference.
These are also great dessert bars for PARTIES! You can use the same recipe and various box mixes to make different flavors of bars.
Other FLAVORS/ Variations I have tried
- Yellow cake mix cookie bars
- Chocolate cake mix cookie bars
- Funfetti cake mix cookie bars
- White cake mix cookie bars
- Strawberry cake mix cookie bars
- Devil’s cake mix cookie bars
- Red velvet cake mix cookie bars
- Lemon cake mix cookie bars lemon
You can also try various ADD-INS and make cookie bars with:
- Cream cheese
- Candy bars
- Dried fruits
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Cookie butter
- Different extract and zests
TIPS for making cake mix bars
- All ingredients should be at ROOM TEMPERATURE because they blend together easily.
- You can easily DOUBLE the recipe to serve a bigger crowd.
- You can use whatever brand of cake mix you like.
- I make cake mix cookie bars with pudding because it makes them RICHER but I know that some people like to make them without pudding and they still taste great.
- You can ADJUST the amount of chocolate chips, based on your preference.
- HEATING Nutella in the microwave makes it easier to create swirls.
- To make peanut butter chocolate chip cookie bars, replace Nutella with peanut butter and swirl that on top of these bars.
- Use 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and omit all other add-ins to make simple chocolate chip cookie bars.
How to turn cake mix into cookie bars?
Start off by mixing together cake mix powder, pudding powder, eggs and oil until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and candies. Spread mixture in a square pan. Swirl Nutella on top. Bake and enjoy!
Other doctored cake mix recipes
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Gingerbread Cookies
- How to Make Box Cake Better (Taste Homemade)
- Coconut Cranberry Cake (With Cake Mix)
- Easy Pumpkin Donuts (With Cake Mix)
- Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe (With Cake Mix)
- Easy Apple Cake Recipe (With Cake Mix)
- Cake Mix Brownies
- Champagne Cupcakes (With Cake Mix)
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- 1 box Cake Mix, Yellow or any other flavor, 15.25 oz box
- 1 box Instant vanilla pudding mix, 3.4 oz box
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chips, Semisweet
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chips, White
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chips, Peanut butter
- 3 tbsp m&m candies
- 2 tbsp Nutella, Warm
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix powder, pudding mix eggs, oil and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick.
- Stir in all the chocolate chips and m&m candies.
- Spread this mixture in a greased and floured square cake pan (Dimensions: 9x13).
- Swirl warm Nutella on top of this batter with a butter knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes if you like your bars soft OR bake them for 25-27 minutes if you like your bars firm.
- Allow it too cool down to room temperature. Cut slices and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!