Champagne Cupcakes With Champagne Buttercream Frosting
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy pink champagne cupcakes recipe with champagne buttercream frosting. Soft, moist, fluffy! Great for New Year’s party or Valentine’s Day.
The new year will be here soon and I will be serving these champagne cupcakes with champagne frosting, along with my Champagne Cookies and New Year Cookies at our New Year’s party. This is a doctored cake mix recipe that’s made with simple ingredients and is ready in about 30 minutes.
These are the best champagne cupcakes!
How to make champagne cupcakes from scratch? How to make champagne cupcakes with cake mix?
I have not had much success with a scratch recipe but I have not given up and I am still working on it. In the meantime, I have been enjoying these cupcakes that start off a white cake mix box. Honestly, they taste better than any recipe I have made from scratch.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together butter, egg whites and extract.
- Add cake mix, champagne and pink gel coloring and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter in cupcake liners.
- Bake and cool.
- Top off each cupcake with swirl of frosting.
- Decorate with sprinkles and enjoy.
What do champagne cupcakes taste like?
They are soft, airy, very moist and have a subtle fruity flavor. That fluffy champagne frosting really takes these cupcakes over the top!
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
White Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes
Instead of champagne frosting, use this White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes
Instead of champagne frosting, use this Strawberry Buttercream Frosting.
Raspberry champagne cupcakes
You can either use a raspberry frosting or fill each cupcake with raspberry jam/jelly/preserves.
Vanilla champagne cupcakes
Use a combination of vanilla and champagne extracts.
Champagne cupcakes with filling
You can make these cupcakes with any filling you like such as jams and preserves. My favorites is raspberry and strawberry preserves.
Rose champagne cupcakes
There are so many varieties of champagnes to choose from. I recommend using Rose champagne.
Cupcakes in champagne glasses
A fancy way of presenting these cupcakes is in champagne glasses. It’s fun and exciting at parties! Also, depending on the size of your glasses, you may have to make mini cupcakes in champagne glasses.
TIPS for easy champagne cupcakes with champagne frosting:
- You can use any brand of box white cake mix you like.
- Don’t replace butter with oil since butter makes these cupcakes rich and flavorful.
- Only egg whites are required in this recipe. Do not use whole eggs.
- Don’t over-mix the batter or else your cupcakes will be tough. Mix until everything is just combined.
- Are champagne cupcakes alcoholic? They don’t have to be alcoholic. You can use alcoholic or non-alcoholic champagne in this recipe as well. Also, you can use any brand of champagne you like. The ones you are seeing today are champagne cupcakes without alcohol.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature so they blend together evenly and smoothly.
- I highly recommend adding a little bit of champagne extract in the cupcake and frosting since it adds a wonderful flavor and fragrance. You can find them online on Amazon. These are the two brands I have used: Lorann Oils and Wilton’s Treatology system. Both are excellent.
Other cupcake recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
- Sugar Free chocolate cupcakes
- Mocha Cupcakes with Mocha Frosting
- Raspberry Lime Cupcakes
Pink Champagne Cupcakes With Champagne Buttercream Frosting
Quick, easy pink champagne cupcakes recipe with champagne buttercream frosting. Soft, moist, fluffy! Great for New Year's party or Valentine's Day.
- ⅓ cup Butter Unsalted, Room temperature
- 3 Egg whites From large eggs
- 1 tsp Champagne extract Optional
- 1 White cake mix
- 1¼ cups Champagne Alcoholic or non-alcoholic
- Pink gel coloring
- ½ cup Butter Unsalted, Room temperature
- ½ cup Vegetable shortening
- ¼ cup Champagne Alcoholic or non-alcoholic
- 1 tsp Champagne extract/flavoring Optional
- 4 cups Powdered sugar
In a mixing bowl, add butter, egg whites, extract and mix until smooth.
Mix in cake mix, alternating with champagne until batter is just combined.
Finally, mix in some pink gel coloring.
Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the cupcakes to cool down for 5 minutes. Then, remove them from the cupcake tray and place them on a cooling rack.
In a deep bowl, mix together butter and shortening until smooth.
Add champagne and extract and mix again.
Add powdered sugar (1 cup at a time), while continuing to mix until frosting is light and fluffy.
When the cupcakes have cooled down completely, attach Tip # 1M to a piping bag and fill it with frosting.
Pipe swirls on top of all the cupcakes and top them off with a small pink candy ball. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Store frosted cupcakes in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!