How to Make Homemade Fruit Popsicles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to make quick and easy homemade fruit popsicles from scratch with 4 simple ingredients. Packed with fresh juices without artificial colors or preservatives!
*Thank you Jamba Juice for Sponsoring today’s post so that I could share this recipe with all of you. As always, all opinions are mine.*
How to make homemade fruit popsicles from scratch?
- Prepare mixture– By blending together, fruits, yogurt, juice and honey.
- Pour in molds- And add the lids or popsicle sticks.
- Freeze- Overnight is best.
- Remove from molds- By running under warm water.
Can you make healthy popsicles without mold?
Yes. Simply use small drinking plastic cups or paper cups or ice cube trays or even a cupcake pan. Stick a popsicle stick or spoon in the center and freeze.
Variations for fresh or real fruit smoothie popsicles
Try different molds- There are so many different shapes and sizes to choose from these days.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
Add fruit pieces/ chunks- Such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, diced strawberries, pineapples or peaches into the prepared mixture. They should be small in size.
Creamy popsicles- Mix in some coconut milk or Greek yogurt. Pureed fruits, especially bananas also create a very creamy texture.
Add vegetable juices- This is a great way to sneak in veggies for your kids who won’t be able to tell at all. Jamba juice drinks are awesome.
Add acidity– By squeezing in some lemon juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice or orange juice.
Try other sweeteners– Such as granulated sugar, brown sugar, honey, molasses, maple syrup, agave syrup.
Omit sweetener altogether- Some fruits already have a lot of natural sweetness like bananas and additional sugar may not be necessary.
Try different flavors of yogurts- Such as vanilla or fruit based ones.
Add extracts- For additional flavor. Vanilla is a popular choice.
Tips and Techniques for frozen fruit bars
Freezing time may vary- Typically, 4-6 hours are needed but I prefer freezing overnight for a very firm sold form. However, the freezing time greatly depends on the ingredients. Fruit chunks will take longer to freeze than just liquid juices.
Number of servings will vary- This depends on the size of your mold.
Use unsweetened full fat yogurt- Greek yogurt is best because it’s so rich, creamy and flavorful.
Use unsweetened juices- To keep these popsicles healthy.
Fresh fruits vs. Frozen fruits- Either can be used. Frozen fruits typically yield a thicker consistency.
Freeze– This is the only method of storing these treats. If you keep them in the fridge or room temperature, they will melt.
More Frozen Desserts
- Ice Cream Cake
- Snow Ice Cream
- Watermelon Ice Cream
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- 3/4 cup Yogurt Full fat
- 2.5 cups Fruits Fresh or Frozen, Such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapples, peaches, watermelon, oranges, bananas, mangoes, kiwis
- 2-3 tbsp Honey Or maple syrup
- 1 cup Juice Such as apple juice, orange juice, green juice, pineapple juice, lemonade, cranberry juice or even coconut water
- Add all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture in popsicle molds and add relevant lid or popsicle sticks
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight until solid.
- To remove popsicles from mold, run the mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds and it will easily come out.
- To make layered popsicles, make three different colors/ flavors of mixtures. Pour 1/4 cup of the first mixture in the mold and freeze for 1 hour. Remove mold from freezer and pour second mixture gently on top. Freeze again for 1 hour. Remove mold from freezer and pour third mixture gently on top. Push a popsicle stick into the middle of the cup until it sticks into place. Freeze again until solid. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Once removed from the molds, they can be stored in the freezer in a sealed bag for up to 1 month.