Chocolate Banana Popsicles Recipe
Quick and easy banana popsicles recipe, requiring 2 simple ingredients! These homemade popsicles are a healthy snack or dessert with many flavor options.
Whether you are watching your weight or not, these homemade banana popsicles will truly become a favorite!
They are refreshing, smooth and CREAMY.
These banana flavored popsicles are even kiddo-approved!
These easy HEALTHY banana popsicles are made with 2 ingredients:
- Greek yogurt
- Ripe bananas
When I am watching my diet, I only use those 2 ingredients.
However, my favorite way to enjoy them is with a dash of cinnamon and chocolate chips
These popsicles are healthy because:
- There are NO added sugars, artificial sweeteners or colors.
- Heavy cream/ half and half are REPLACED with Greek yogurt.
Here are some TIPS for making simple chocolate banana popsicles:
- Use RIPE bananas because they are naturally sweet and you won’t need to use any additional sweeteners.
- To SWEETEN these popsicles and still keep them healthy, use honey or maple syrup.
- Use dark chocolate chips INSTEAD of milk chocolate chips, which are considered to be heart-friendly.
- GREEK yogurt can be replaced with regular yogurt but your popsicles will NOT be as creamy.
- Be sure to TASTE-TEST the mixture before spooning mixture into molds to make sure the cinnamon flavor and sweetness is to your liking.
- The number of servings you get from this recipe will depend on the size of popsicle mold you are using.
Here are some FLAVOR VARIATIONS for these popsicles:
- For peanut butter banana popsicles, add 1/4 cup-1/3 cup creamy peanut butter in the recipe below, depending on how much you like peanut butter.
- For chocolate banana popsicles, don’t omit the chocolate chips and then dip the entire frozen popsicle in melted dark chocolate.
- For Nutella banana popsicles, add 1/2 cup Nutella in the recipe below.
- For avocado banana popsicles, add half an avocado in the recipe below.
- For strawberry banana popsicles, add 1/2 cup frozen strawberries in the recipe below OR use strawberry yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt.
How to make banana popsicles at home? How do you make frozen banana pops? How do you make yogurt popsicles? How to make banana flavored popsicles?
The process is very SIMPLE. Add bananas and Greek yogurt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add honey and cinnamon if you like. Then, spoon this mixture into molds and freeze until firm.
If you liked this recipe for sugar free banana popsicles, you may also like some of these other frozen treats:
- In a blender or food processor, add bananas, yogurt, cinnamon powder, honey and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 4-5 hours or until they are firm.
- Run the molds under warm weather to easily release the popsicles and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!