Homemade Eggnog Latte
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy eggnog latte recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in 10 minutes. Rich and creamy with perfectly balanced coffee and eggnog flavors for Christmas holidays!
Eggnog is one of the most popular drinks during the Christmas holidays. It is one of those drinks that warms your heart just like my Best Hot Chocolate (Crockpot) and Homemade Gingerbread Latte and of course this Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha.
In my opinion, it’s even better and fresher and cheaper than Starbucks eggnog latte and can also be enjoyed after the holiday season is over, when the cravings hit!
How to make eggnog latte recipe?
- Brew Coffee– Prepare a strong cup of coffee.
- Add Sugar– Mix until dissolved.
- Add Eggnog– Mix it in slowly until combined.
- Serve– Pour this mixture into two individual mugs.
- Add topping- Froth milk and spoon that on top of the latte or top it off with whipped cream.
- Enjoy– Serve immediately.
What cookies to serve with latte?
Since it is a holiday drink or beverage, it’s best served with Christmas cookies such as:
- Eggnog Cookies
- Classic Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies (With Cake Mix)
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Classic Spritz Cookies
Chai eggnog latte– Add eggnog to this Masala Chai Tea recipe.
Iced latte– Chill it in the fridge and serve over ice for a cold, refreshing spin.
Use other milk– Such as coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk. The flavor may change slightly based on your milk choice.
Use other sweeteners– Instead of granulated sugar, this latte can be sweetened with brown sugar, honey or even maple syrup.
Topping options– Milk froth, whipped cream and a light dusting of cocoa powder, espresso powder, cinnamon or a sprinkle of chocolate shavings.
Add ice cream– A scoop of vanilla ice cream will turn this into a delicious latte float.
Spike it with alcohol– This would make a great adult beverage and the best way to do that is to use alcoholic eggnog.
Make it healthier– Use low fat milk and low fat eggnog, although it’s not the richest and creamiest. So, you have been warned!
Tips and Techniques
Brew strong coffee– Because it really allows the coffee flavor to come through the eggnog. If it’s not brewed strong enough, you would only get a hint of coffee flavor and mostly just taste eggnog.
Homemade eggnog vs. Store-bought eggnog– This is a personal preference. I use homemade eggnog but you can use the store bought version too.
Adjust amount of sugar- This is based on your preference. Add as much or as little as you like.
Use full fat ingredients- This is especially with regards to store-bought eggnog. Make sure it’s not light or low fat. Also, use whole milk for milk foam because low fat milks don’t foam that well. The higher the fat content, the richer and creamier this latte will be!
Prevent lumps from forming– Pour eggnog slowly into the coffee while mixing/whisking constantly. This prevents a lumpy latte and keeps the texture smooth and creamy.
Easy Eggnog Latte
- Prepare a strong cup of coffee.
- Add sugar to sweeten it, per your liking.
- Pour eggnog slowly into the coffee while mixing/whisking constantly to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Pour this mixture into 2 individual cups or mugs.
Optional: If you like caramel, drizzle some caramel sauce in the mugs and then, pour the latte.
- Use a milk frother to froth milk and spoon that on top of the latte or you can top it off with whipped cream.
- Garnish with a light dusting of cinnamon or nutmeg, if you like.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!