Mini Love Letter Cakes
Use this cake decorating tutorial to make easy mini love letter cakes. Great for Anniversaries or Valentine’s day and can be used as Wedding party favors.
I am a sucker for handwritten letters, which inspired me to make these mini love letter cakes.
I find them so SWEET and personal but, in this day and age, emails have REPLACED those love letters *sighs*
Seriously, I DON’T find anything romantic about reading emails! lol.
With actual letters, you can add your own PERSONAL touch.
Spray some perfume on it, draw on it or whatever…
These mini love letter cakes would be so GREAT to serve on Anniversaries and Valentine’s day or they can even be used as Wedding party favors.
I kept the decoration very SIMPLE and used red and pink heart sprinkles but you can also try using stamps.
The decorating possibilities here are endless.
These are also so much FUN to make with kids and see their creativity shine through.
I used my favorite chocolate cake and white chocolate icing recipe for this project.
I added all the details with white marshmallow fondant, knife indentations and heart shaped sprinkles.
I bet you have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
Some of you might not have fondant, which you can easily order online from Amazon or Wilton or you can also buy it from Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby or Michaels.
These are the step by step INSTRUCTIONS for these romantic cakes.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this mini Valentine’s Day cake, you may also like some of these other Anniversary/ Valentine’s Day dessert ideas:
Mini Love Letter Cakes
- Bake the chocolate cakes and allow it to cool down.
- Cut it in half and fill it with buttercream icing.
- Then, use a sharp knife to cut small even sized rectangular pieces.
- Tip: Chilling the cake for an hour really makes slicing easier.
- Spread a thin coating of seedless strawberry jam on top each rectangular cake piece.
- Roll out white fondant and place the jam-side down onto the fondant.
- Cut off excess fondant around the cake with a knife.
- Gently press the knife on top of the fondant to indent all the envelope details.
- Stick a small heart sprinkle in the center, using a dab of frosting. Enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!