How to Make Raspberry Pie Filling
Quick and easy raspberry pie filling recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Can be made with fresh or frozen raspberries and used in many desserts.
I am happy to finally add this recipe to my growing collection of pie fillings. It tastes so much better and fresher than canned fillings. Here are all the other ones you can try out:
- Peach Pie Filling
- Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Cherry Pie Filling
How do you make raspberry pie with fresh raspberries?
- Mix together Clear Jel, sugar and water in a large pot and cook over medium heat.
- When mixture becomes thick, add lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in raspberries.
- Allow it to cool down and you are ready to use it in pie crusts.
Tips for best raspberry pie filling recipe from scratch
- You must use Clear Jel. Don’t use cornstarch because it will make the filling a little cloudy and it doesn’t can very well either.
- Fresh or frozen raspberries can be used. You can also mix in some finely chopped rhubarb.
- Use a nonstick saucepan to prevent sticking and burning.
- You can easily make canned pie filling by following proper canning method.
- Don’t replace granulated sugar with brown because the filling ends up having a weird tinge.
- Use a store-bought or homemade pie crust or you can use this filling in my Graham Cracker Crust (No Bake) or even this Oreo Pie Crust (No Bake.
How long do you cook raspberry pie?
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
How do you make black raspberry pie filling?
The same recipe applies to both, red and black raspberries. You can replace one with the other or even use a combination of both.
How do you make raspberry rhubarb pie?
Reduce the amount of raspberries to 3 cups and use 1/2 cup finely chopped rhubarb in this recipe.
Homemade pie filling uses
- Cake filling
- Cupcake filling
- Filling cobblers and crisps
- Waffle topping
- Pancake topping
- Crepe topping
- Ice cream topping
- Filling pies and tarts
Other easy pie recipes
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe (5 Ingredients)
- Easy Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
- Easy Caramel Apple Pie
- Easy French Silk Pie
Raspberry Pie Filling
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Clear Jel, +1 tbsp
- 1 1/3 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3.5 cups Raspberries, Fresh or frozen
- In a large nonstick saucepan, add sugar, Clear Jel and water and cook on medium heat.
- Mix constantly until Clear Jel and sugar dissolve.
- Continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken. It will turn from a milky white color to a clear color.
- Add lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute, while mixing constantly.
- Remove the filling from heat and mix in raspberries. Don’t over-mix!
- Allow the filling to cool down completely and then use it in pies or can it or chill it to use later.
- When you are ready to make a pie, spread a pie crust in a 9 inch pan. Pour the filling in the center and spread it out. Cover with another crust and seal the edges. Make a few cuts/slits on the top with a knife to allow venting during baking. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let it cool completely before slicing.
- Read all my tips above.
- Filling is enough to make a 9 inch pie.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.