Learn how to make quick and easy homemade fruit popsicles from scratch with 4 simple ingredients. Packed with fresh juices without artificial colors or preservatives!
*Thank you Jamba Juice for Sponsoring today's post so that I could share this recipe with all of you. As always, all opinions are mine.*
How to make homemade fruit popsicles from scratch?
- Prepare mixture- By blending together, fruits, yogurt, juice and honey.
- Pour in molds- And add the lids or popsicle sticks.
- Freeze- Overnight is best.
- Remove from molds- By running under warm water.
Can you make healthy popsicles without mold?
Yes. Simply use small drinking plastic cups or paper cups or ice cube trays or even a cupcake pan. Stick a popsicle stick or spoon in the center and freeze.
Variations for fresh or real fruit smoothie popsicles
Try different molds- There are so many different shapes and sizes to choose from these days.
Add fruit pieces/ chunks- Such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, diced strawberries, pineapples or peaches into the prepared mixture. They should be small in size.
Creamy popsicles- Mix in some coconut milk or Greek yogurt. Pureed fruits, especially bananas also create a very creamy texture.
Add vegetable juices- This is a great way to sneak in veggies for your kids who won't be able to tell at all. Jamba juice drinks are awesome.
Add acidity- By squeezing in some lemon juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice or orange juice.
Try other sweeteners- Such as granulated sugar, brown sugar, honey, molasses, maple syrup, agave syrup.
Omit sweetener altogether- Some fruits already have a lot of natural sweetness like bananas and additional sugar may not be necessary.
Try different flavors of yogurts- Such as vanilla or fruit based ones.
Add extracts- For additional flavor. Vanilla is a popular choice.
Tips and Techniques for frozen fruit bars
Freezing time may vary- Typically, 4-6 hours are needed but I prefer freezing overnight for a very firm sold form. However, the freezing time greatly depends on the ingredients. Fruit chunks will take longer to freeze than just liquid juices.
Number of servings will vary- This depends on the size of your mold.
Use unsweetened full fat yogurt- Greek yogurt is best because it's so rich, creamy and flavorful.
Use unsweetened juices- To keep these popsicles healthy.
Fresh fruits vs. Frozen fruits- Either can be used. Frozen fruits typically yield a thicker consistency.
Freeze- This is the only method of storing these treats. If you keep them in the fridge or room temperature, they will melt.
More Frozen Desserts
- Ice Cream Cake
- Snow Ice Cream
- Watermelon Ice Cream
- Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- ¾ cup Yogurt Full fat
- 2.5 cups Fruits Fresh or Frozen, Such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapples, peaches, watermelon, oranges, bananas, mangoes, kiwis
- 2-3 tablespoon Honey Or maple syrup
- 1 cup Juice Such as apple juice, orange juice, green juice, pineapple juice, lemonade, cranberry juice or even coconut water
- Add all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture in popsicle molds and add relevant lid or popsicle sticks
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight until solid.
- To remove popsicles from mold, run the mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds and it will easily come out.
- To make layered popsicles, make three different colors/ flavors of mixtures. Pour ¼ cup of the first mixture in the mold and freeze for 1 hour. Remove mold from freezer and pour second mixture gently on top. Freeze again for 1 hour. Remove mold from freezer and pour third mixture gently on top. Push a popsicle stick into the middle of the cup until it sticks into place. Freeze again until solid. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Once removed from the molds, they can be stored in the freezer in a sealed bag for up to 1 month.