Quick and easy cinnamon muffins recipe, made with simple ingredients in 30 minutes. They are soft, moist and great as snack or breakfast on the go.
Fall is all about enjoying cinnamon treats like these cinnamon cookies and now you can also enjoy these cinnamon muffins.
Cinnamon roll muffins
Imagine the flavors and fragrance of a cinnamon roll in muffin form.
Cinnamon sugar muffins
These muffins are coated with melted butter and then rolled in cinnamon sugar to really pack in that cinnamon flavor and sugary crunch.
Tips for easy cinnamon muffins recipe:
- Use unsalted butter or else the muffins will become very salty.
- To enhance the “spice” in these muffins, add some nutmeg and allspice.
- Buttermilk makes these muffins very moist. Don’t omit it or replace it with other types of milk.
- Homemade buttermilk can be made by mixing together 1 cup whole milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar.
- You must use all-purpose flour for the best texture. Whole wheat flour makes the muffins very dense and heavy.
- Allow the muffins to cool down completely before coating them in butter and sugar because if they are hot, the sugar will start melting and it will become very sticky and messy.
Variations of moist cinnamon muffin recipe:
- Cinnamon Streusel Muffins– Add a streusel topping, prior to baking for a crumbly crunch.
- Healthy Cinnamon Muffins– These are not exactly super healthy muffins and sugar cannot be replaced but butter can be replaced with coconut oil.
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins– Add 1/4 cup finely chopped apples in the batter.
- Banana Cinnamon Muffins– Serve these muffins with sliced bananas and syrup on top.
How to make cinnamon muffins?
- Whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together add egg, butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Bake and let muffins cool down completely.
- Coat them in melted butter and roll them in sugar.
- Enjoy with syrup or as is.
Other Muffins Recipes:
Homemade Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 3.5 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Egg, Large
- 3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
Cinnamon topping/ Coating
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1-1.5 tsp Cinnamon powder, Adjust based on your preference
- 1/2 cup Butter , Unsalted, Melted
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Pour batter in a lightly greased cupcake pan, about halfway through.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool down.
- While muffins are cooling, mix together sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl.
- Brush each muffin with melted butter and then, roll them in cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!