Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes
Quick and easy cinnamon pancakes recipe, made with simple ingredients. These fluffy pancakes are so airy and soft and perfect for Fall & Thanksgiving.
How to make cinnamon pancakes?
- Prepare the cinnamon pancake batter.
- Let the batter rest.
- Cook the pancakes on medium heat.
- Let them cool down.
- Brush them with melted butter.
- Coat them in cinnamon sugar and serve immediately.
How do you make cinnamon pancakes with Aunt Jemima/ Bisquik?
Prepare the pancakes, according to box instructions but be sure to add 1 tsp cinnamon sugar to the batter. Then brush melted butter all over your cooked pancakes and coat them in cinnamon sugar.
How do you make cinnamon frosting for pancakes?
Add 2 tsp cinnamon powder to this American buttercream frosting recipe and thin it out to your desired consistency.
How do you make cinnamon filling for pancakes?
I just add cinnamon powder in the pancake batter rather than using a filling.
How do I make homemade pancake batter?
- Mix together eggs, oil and milk in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder.
- Dump the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until jus combined.
How do I make fluffy pancakes/thick pancakes?
- Use fresh baking powder
- Use the correct quantity of baking powder- 4 teaspoons!
- Do not over-mix the batter to prevent the bubbles
These are not your typical cinnamon roll pancakes recipe/ cinnamon swirl pancakes!
They have all the flavors of a cinnamon roll but the cinnamon flavor comes from ground cinnamon in the pancake batter and the butter cinnamon coating on each pancake.
Banana cinnamon pancakes
Serve these pancakes with thinly sliced bananas and maple syrup and a dusting of cinnamon powder.
Apple cinnamon pancakes
Serve these pancakes with finely chopped apples and maple syrup and a dusting of cinnamon powder.
Vanilla cinnamon pancakes
Add 1.5 tsp vanilla extract in the batter and also serve these pancakes with vanilla syrup.
Brown sugar cinnamon pancakes
You can replace granulated sugar with brown sugar or use a combination of half brown sugar and half granulated sugar.
Tips for homemade cinnamon pancakes
- Don’t over-mix the batter because that will cause it develop gluten and make tougher pancakes plus all the bubbles in the mixture will get deflated, making very flat pancakes. There will be some lumps in the mixture. Don’t worry about them!
- Since these are fluffy pancakes and baking powder helps with that, you need to make sure your baking powder is not expired.
- You MUST let this batter rest for 7-10 minutes because that helps to make very fluffy pancakes since the starch molecules expand plus the gluten that was activated during mixing will relax.
- Don’t reduce the quantity of baking powder because your actually need that amount for the perfect fluffy texture.
- Don’t replace baking powder with baking soda because the results are not the same.
- I used a circle pancake mold to make all these pancakes the same size and I think it may have also helped to make them fluffy since they don’t spread too much. However, you can still get results on a nonstick pan or griddle.
- Do not replace all-purpose flour with any other flours because they don’t create the perfect fluff that we all love.
Other breakfast recipes
Easy Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, milk and mix everything together. Keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon powder.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. If there are some little lumps, don't worry about them and make sure not to over-mix!
- Let this pancake batter rest at room temperature for 7-10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with butter or oil.
- Pour batter in a circle pancake mold or just directly onto the pan by 1/4 cup scoops.
- Let the pancake cook on one side until it's bubbly. Then, flip it over and cook the other side for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Let the pancakes cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Note: I used a "nonstick circle pancake mold" to make all these pancakes the same size and I think it may have also helped to make them fluffy since they don’t spread too much. They are fairly cheap on Amazon.
- Make the cinnamon sugar by mixing together sugar and cinnamon in a wide plate or bowl.
- Brush each pancake with melted butter.
- Coat them in cinnamon sugar and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!