Quick and easy orange banana mango smoothie recipe that’s perfect for breakfast or post-workout snack! This tropical smoothie is healthy, creamy, delicious.
This banana mango smoothie should prove to people that I eat and drink healthy too…lol.
When you run a blog about desserts and comfort food, people ASSUME that you eat cakes and pastries all day and must weigh a gazillion pounds!
Someone out there in cyberspace messaged to ask if I am over-weight! Yikes!
I LOVE desserts and quite frankly, I eat something sweet every day but I also work out and look after my health.
I also try to drink at least one big glass of a healthy smoothie everyday.
It’s usually a fruity one like this this frozen mango smoothie recipe because the veggie ones have such an icky color…lol.
This TROPICAL smoothie is one of my favorites.
It tastes so good that you can’t even tell you are drinking something that’s packed with numerous vitamins and minerals.
It’s really REFRESHING and the vibrant orange color just brightens your day.
Even hubby approves of this mango banana smoothie (healthy) but then again, he approves of anything with mangoes…lol.
How to make banana mango smoothie?
Add banana, mangoes, orange juice and yogurt and puree it all together in a blender. Serve in glasses and enjoy!
What goes well in a mango smoothie?
You can add various fruits and vegetables such as:
How do you make a mango smoothie?
That is made by mixing together mangoes, yogurt, water or ice and a bit of honey in a blender.
Are mango smoothies good for you?
They can be healthy, depending on the ingredients you are using. Use fat free yogurt, fat-free milk, oats and honey to keep it healthy.
Here are some TIPS for making this banana mango smoothie:
- I prefer using FRESHLY squeezed orange juice but you can use store-bought unsweetened orange juice too.
- You can use Greek yogurt or any other type of yogurt you like.
- Adding oats is OPTIONAL but it’s a great way to increase the amount of fiber in this smoothie. Please remember that this will change the texture of the smoothie and will make it thicker and chunkier.
- Honey is OPTIONAL but instead of honey, brown sugar or granulated sugar or maple syrup can be used.
- Use a HIGH QUALITY blender so that are all the fruits puree together smoothly.
- I have made mango banana smoothie without yogurt but I prefer this mango banana smoothie with yogurt so much more because of all the creaminess.
- I also made mango smoothie with milk/coconut milk/almond milk when I was out of yogurt and it worked okay but it lacked the creamy texture.
Here are some flavor variations you can try:
- To make mango banana spinach smoothie, add 1/4 cup frozen spinach into the blender.
- To make mango banana strawberry smoothie, add 1/4 cup frozen strawberries.
- To make pineapple banana mango smoothie, add 1/4 frozen pineapples.
- To make kale banana mango smoothie, add 1/4 cup chopped kale.
- To make apple banana mango smoothie, replace orange juice with apple juice.
- To make avocado banana mango smoothie, replace yogurt with half an avocado.
- You can replace orange juice with coconut water to make banana mango smoothie with coconut water.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this healthy banana mango smoothie recipe, you may like some of these other healthy smoothie recipes too:
Orange Banana Mango Smoothie
Quick and easy orange banana mango smoothie recipe that's perfect for breakfast or post-workout snack! This tropical smoothie is healthy, creamy, delicious.
- 1 Banana Ripe
- 1 cup Mangoes Fresh or frozen, Cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup Orange juice Unsweetened
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Oats Quick cooking, Optional
- 1 tsp Honey Optional
Add all the ingredients in a blender.
Puree everything into a smooth mixture.
Pour into a big glass and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 24 hours.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!