Quick and easy cinnamon cookies recipe, requiring simple ingredients and loaded with cinnamon! They are soft and chewy on the inside, crispy on the outside.
*Thank you Reynolds for sponsoring today's post so that I can share this recipe with you. Asl always, all opinions are mine.*
I am adding this cinnamon cookies recipe today to my ever-growing collection of cinnamon recipes. If you like cinnamon as much as me, you need to try these Fluffy Cinnamon Pancakes and Cinnamon Muffins.
My favorite cookies to bake are always those that have been passed along the generations and these ones are highly requested during the holiday season, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Also known as cinnamon crinkle cookies.
Soft and chewy cinnamon cookies/Crispy cinnamon cookies
These cookies are soft and chewy on the inside but they have an amazing crispy, crackly, sugary top that just blows me away! For this perfect texture, make sure you measure your ingredients accurately and also chill the dough. Also, to get that crispy top, you must roll the cookies in the cinnamon sugar mixture. That step cannot be omitted!
Tips for cinnamon sugar cookies recipe:
- All ingredients must be at room temperature so that they blend together smoothly.
- Use unsalted butter to prevent the cookies from becoming too salty.
- Make sure to chill the dough for 45 minutes- 1 hour because this makes the dough easier to handle and it also prevents too much spreading, while baking.
- Only use all-purpose flour because I tried other flours and none of them yielded this perfect texture.
- I don't flatten my cookie dough balls, prior to baking, but some people prefer doing that. I think it makes a thinner cookie, which I am not too fond of.
- Baking powder cannot be replaced with baking soda.
- Granulated sugar cannot be replaced with powdered sugar.
- Butter cannot be replaced with oil or margarine.
How to make cinnamon cookies?
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, cinnamon, flour, baking powder.
- Make small cookie balls.
- Roll them in cinnamon sugar.
- Bake and you are done.
Cinnamon roll cookies
These cookies have all the flavors of a cinnamon roll but to give them the final touch, spread some American Buttercream Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting, which is what's typically used to frost cinnamon rolls. You can also make sandwich cookies
Cinnamon oatmeal cookies
Add ½ cup cup oats in the cookie dough mixture.
Apple cinnamon cookies
Cut 1 medium sized apple into small 1 inch pieces and mix that into the cookie dough.
Mexican cinnamon cookies
These are not the Mexican version, which are very similar to wedding cookies and have a totally different texture.
I highly suggest lining your pans with Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets. Not even one of my cookies stuck to the sheets... YAY! These baking sheets are so convenient to use because they are already pre-cut and they are also strong enough to be picked up from the tray and moved onto a cooling rack without tearing.
Other Cookie Recipes
- Molasses Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- Classic Snickerdoodles Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Use your hands, if necessary, to mix everything together into a cookie dough consistency.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour so that it's easier to handle and don't spread while baking.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll them into balls.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar until fully coated.
- Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and edges are firm.
- Let the cookies cool down and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!