Learn how to make this quick and easy chocolate bark cake. An easy cake decorating technique for Valentine's day, Weddings, Anniversaries, birthday parties.
If only I could send you a slice of this perfection, I would! But since I can't, let me describe this deliciousness. It's a sinfully moist chocolate cake covered in smooth and creamy strawberry buttercream frosting and covered in white chocolate rose bark pieces. Best of all, it's pink making it perfect for Valentine's day in a few days. Whatever you are doing on February 14th, make sure to leave some room for my ultimate romantic cake! Even if you have never decorated a cake in your life, you can make this chocolate bark cake. It's an easy cake decorating technique for beginners and requires no special supplies. For more fun cake designs check out this collection of Birthday Cake Ideas and this Modern Abstract Cake which is another unique cake design just like this bark cake.
Table of contents
How to Make Easy Chocolate Bark Cake Recipe From Scratch?
- Bake square shaped chocolate cake- Cool to room temperature and trim.
- Frost and stack cakes- Then, frost the entire cake.
- Add bark- All over the cake. The icing works like glue.
- Sprinkle white chocolate shreds- All around the base of the cake. Enjoy!
- Cake- I used square chocolate cakes.
- Frosting- Strawberry buttercream is used for this recipe.
- White chocolate bark- You will need 20-25 pieces.
Use a different shaped cake- Make round or rectangle cakes instead of square ones.
Make a tiered cake- That would be great for weddings.
Use other flavors of chocolate barks- Such as mint, peanut butter, or toffee bark.
You can use store-bought frosting and cakes- Then just decorate with the barks. This is a quick shortcut to make an incredible cake.
Use white chocolate chips- Instead of white chocolate shreds if that is easier for you. I really like the look of the shred thought.
Tips and Techniques
Cool cakes completely before frosting- Because this prevents the frosting from melting and slipping right off the cake.
Break bark into various sizes- Because this makes for a very pretty look.
Trim the dome of the cake- Because this makes for a flat square shape which is the look we are going for with this cake.
How to make white chocolate shreds? Use a vegetable peeler and just peel short pieces of white chocolate off of the brick.
How to stick bark to cake? You don't need to use anything extra, the buttercream frosting acts as a glue for the bark pieces.
Storage of Homemade Decorated Cake
Refrigerate- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Freeze- Store cakes and frosting separately in airtight containers for up to 1 month. When you are ready to enjoy this cake, thaw and assemble, as per instructions below.
More Valentine's Day Cakes
- Pink Velvet Cake
- Easy Love cake
- Pink Ruffle Cake
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cake (Heart Cake)
- Fondant Flower Cake
- Kit Kat Cake With Strawberries
- Red Velvet Cake
Chocolate Bark Cake
- Bake square shaped chocolate cakes and let them cool to room temperature.
- Trim the dome and edges.
- Place one cake on serving dish. Frost the top with icing. Then, place the other cake on top and frost the entire cake.
- Stick chocolate bark pieces all over the cake. The icing works like glue.
- Sprinkle white chocolate shreds all around the base of the cake. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.