How to Make Strawberry Pie Filling
Quick and easy strawberry pie filling recipe, made with simple ingredients in less than 30 minutes. It’s great in many desserts like pies, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes and much more!
Strawberry season is here and one of my FAVORITE things to make is this strawberry pie filling.
I use it in many desserts BEYOND just pies.
If you make a big batch, you can easily do some CANNING and enjoy it months later too.
Strawberry pie filling uses:
- Cheesecake topping
- Cake filling
- Cupcake filling
- Waffle, crepe and pancake topping
- Cobblers and crisps
Tips for strawberry pie filling:
- You must use Clearjel. DON’T use cornstarch because it will make the filling a little cloudy and it doesn’t can very well either.
- Don’t skip the blanching because that is required to stop certain enzyme actions, which would otherwise cause loss of flavor, color and texture.
- Red gel coloring is optional but I highly recommend it since it makes the filling very bright, vibrant and red.
- Don’t use frozen strawberries because that makes the filling a but watery.
- Use a non-stick pan to prevent burning and sticking.
- You can use a combination of berries instead of just strawberries. Rhubarb and raspberries are a great addition.
Other Strawberry Dessert Recipes:
- Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes (No Bake)
- Strawberry Coconut Bars
- Strawberry Strudels
Other Pie Fillings:
Other Pie Recipes:
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Easy French Silk Pie
- Easy Caramel Apple Pie
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Apple Pie Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge With Gingersnap Crust
Strawberry Pie Filling Recipe
Quick and easy strawberry pie filling recipe, made with simple ingredients in less than 30 minutes. It's great in many desserts like pies, cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes and much more!
- 3.5 cups Strawberries Fresh, Washed, Hulled
- 5 tbsp Clearjel
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- Red gel food coloring Optional
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Water or Fruit punch juice
Wash the strawberries and hull them. Cut the big ones in half.
Blanch the strawberries by plunging them in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and place them in a covered bowl to keep warm. Keep aside.
In a nonstick saucepan, add Clearjel, sugar and water or juice.
Cook while stirring constantly over medium heat until mixture starts bubbling and becomes very thick.
Add lemon juice and mix again.
Remove saucepan from heat.
Add warm blanched strawberries and mix gently.
Add red gel food coloring if you like and mix until evenly combined.
Can if you like OR let it cool down and then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Read all my tips above.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!