This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy strawberry cookies recipe that is loaded with chocolate chips, fresh strawberries, coconut and nuts. They are soft and chewy and make a healthy dessert, snack or even breakfast.
This recipe for strawberry cookies with chocolate chips comes from my dear Mom, who makes them a lot during strawberry season.
They are slightly CRISPY on the outside but SOFT and CHEWY on the inside and trust me, you can taste the strawberries in every SINGLE bite!
How to Make Strawberry Cookies?
Start off by mixing together the flour, oats, coconut, baking soda, brown sugar in a bowl. Then, add egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, honey and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts, strawberries. Scoop out small portions of the dough and make little balls. Place them on a cookie tray. Bake and enjoy.
Tips For Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- You can OMIT all the other “add-ins” such as chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts and use only strawberries to give these cookies a more fruity flavor.
- Coconut oil must be MELTED so that it blends together smoothly with the rest of the ingredients.
- INSTEAD of strawberries, you can use any other F berries of your choice. Make sure to dice them small.
- Use OLD FASHIONED oats rather than quick cooking oats for the BEST chewy texture.
- DON’T use dried strawberries in these fresh strawberry cookies because the taste is just not the same.
Variations of Homemade Strawberry Cookies:
- Cream cheese strawberry cookies: Once the cookies cool down, make cookie sandwiches with this cream cheese frosting between 2 cookies.
- White chocolate strawberry cookies: Omit walnuts and semisweet chocolate chips and only use white chocolate chips in the cookie dough.
- Vegan strawberry cookies: A flax egg can be used to replace the real egg in this recipe.
Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies:
Compared to my typical strawberry chocolate chip cookies from SCRATCH recipe, this version below is for healthy strawberry cookies or “healthier” at least.
- Butter is replaced with coconut oil.
- There is also lots of oats, which is good for you.
- These cookies are sweetened with brown sugar and honey rather than granulated sugar
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies:
Strawberry cake mix cookies are DIFFERENT than strawberry oatmeal cookies! To make the cake mix version, you will need to use a strawberry cake mix. Follow my cake mix cookies recipe.
- Mix together cake mix powder, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 1 tsp baking powder until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Chill so that it’s easier to handle.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll into balls.
- Cover it in sugar, if you like.
- Place on a cookie tray and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Well, that’s all for today’s strawberry sugar cookies.
Other Strawberry Desserts:
- Easy Strawberry Strudels
- Seedless Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Kit Kat Cake with Strawberries
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes (No Bake)
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Quick and easy strawberry cookies recipe that is loaded with chocolate chips, fresh strawberries, coconut and nuts. They soft and chewy and make a healthy dessert, snack or even breakfast.
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Oats Old fashioned
- 3 tbsp Coconut Shredded
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil Melted
- 1/2 cup Honey OR maple syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup White chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Strawberries Cut into small 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp Walnuts Roughly chopped
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, coconut, baking soda and brown sugar.
Add egg, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
Stir in white chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, strawberries and walnuts.
Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll into balls. Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown along the edges.
Allow the cookies to cool down completely. Then, dig in and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!