Easy French Silk Pie Dome
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy French silk pie recipe made up of a crispy pie crust and filled with a rich and creamy chocolate mousse filling and topped off with whipped cream!
French folks are known for their DECADENT desserts and this recipe for French silk pie recipe makes me feel all fancy.
This is the best french silk pie!
The chocolate filling is so silky smooth, rich and creamy that you would want to eat it by spoonfuls and the flaky crust is delicious beyond words.
It’s also called chocolate french silk pie.
I also did something outrageous and made a French Silk Pie DOME. Imagine TWO pie crispy, flaky crusts enclosing a rich and creamy chocolate mousse filling and whipped cream. It’s HEAVENLY and looks so COOL!
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
French silk pie without raw eggs and no bake french silk pie:
Both of those versions are not the classic way to make French silk pie. The filling recipe below is traditional and uses raw eggs. The filling, itself, is no bake but the pie crust has to be baked.
What is French silk pie?
It’s a light but rich chocolate pie, similar to chocolate pudding pie. Composed of a pie crust and filled with a silky smooth chocolate mousse.
Do French silk pie have raw eggs?
Yes, the traditional recipe has raw eggs but they are safe and pasteurized. The pasteurization process uses heat to destroy Salmonella and other dangerous viruses.
How to make French Silk pie?
- Bake the pie crust.
- Make the chocolate mousse filling by creaming together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder, melted chocolate and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while continuing to mix for at least 18-20 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the baked pie crusts.
- Let the filling set it in the fridge overnight.
- Prior to serving, top off each pie with whipped cream, chocolate shreds and chocolate square piece.
Tips for easy french silk pie recipe:
- I made mini pies but you can make 1 large 8 inch round pie, if you like.
- I used pre-made store-bought pie dough to make my mini pie crusts but you can make your pie crust from scratch, if you like.
- I used mini dome pans to bake the pie crusts but you can use regular round pans too.
- Your pies are only as good as the ingredients you use. Use the best quality of chocolate you can find.
- There is A LOT of mixing (About 20-30 minutes of it) and you must do it for the best silky texture. It’s totally worth it. There should be NO grains!
- The eggs and butter must be at room temperature because they blend together better and more smoothly.
- You can use this filling in chocolate tarts, cakes and cupcakes too.
Other Easy Pie Recipes:
- Easy Pecan Pie Recipe
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Apple Pie Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge with Gingersnap Crust
- Mocha Whoopie Pies
- Easy Caramel Apple Coconut Pie
Easy French Silk Pie Dome
- 1 package Pie crusts Store bought
- 6 ounces Dark chocolate Or semi sweet chocolate I prefer dark!
- 1 cup Butter Unsalted
- 1½ cups Sugar Powdered
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cocoa powder
- 4 Eggs Large
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- 1 cup Chocolate shreds
- 4 Chocolate squares For decoration
- Prepare the mini pie crusts and allow them to cool down completely.
- Add the dark chocolate in a bowl and melt it in the microwave. Remove the bowl every 30 seconds and mix with a spoon to prevent chocolate from burning. Keep this aside and allow it to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until the mixture becomes pale and fluffy (similar to when you make a pound cake!)
- Add eggs, one at a time, while continuing to mix for at least 18-20 minutes. Your mixture should eventually be very smooth and creamy and there should be no graininess, whatsoever!
- Pour this mixture into the mini pie crusts. Cover with saran wrap and and let the filling set it in the fridge overnight.
- Prior to serving, top off each pie with a spoonful of whipped cream. Sprinkle some chocolate shreds and top them off with a few chocolate square pieces.
- If you are making a french silk pie dome, follow steps 1-7 but omit the chocolate pieces and then turn over one set pie on top of another.
- Top it off with some whipped cream and sprinkle some chocolate shreds.
- And you are done making your easy French silk pie dome!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!