Fudgy Avocado Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy avocado brownies recipe, healthier than traditional brownies. They are rich and fudgy, loaded with chocolate and require simple ingredients.
*Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring today’s post so that I can share these avocado brownies with all of you. As always, all opinions are mine.*
I love using avocados in desserts like these avocado brownies because they add so much moisture and once fully baked, you don’t even taste them. So far, I have made these avocado desserts: Avocado Cake and Healthy Chocolate Avocado Cookies and these Avocado Cookies with Chocolate Chips.
These chocolate avocado brownies are the best!
After making 3 different versions with various quantities and various ingredients, this one was the clear winner.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
How to make avocado brownies?
- Cream together avocados and sugars.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla extract, melted chocolate.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Bake and let it cool completely.
- Cut slices and you are done.
Gluten free flourless avocado brownies
You can use a gluten free flour blend. Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour is really good.
4 ingredient avocado brownies
The 4 ingredient version is typically made with flour, avocados, sugar and melted chocolate. The recipe doesn’t have any eggs and I really think that’s necessary for the right brownie texture.
Black bean avocado brownies
This recipe does not use black beans. I am not too crazy about black beans in desserts. I feel like there is always a weird after-taste.
Healthy avocado brownies
Compared to my other brownie recipes (list of those recipes below), this version is “healthier” because there is no butter, shortening or margarine and that fat is replaced by mashed avocados. I also reduced some of the granulated sugar and replaced it with coconut sugar. Plus, there is some protein powder too!
I am a big fan of Vital Proteins collagen peptides and I have been using it for a couple of years now. I used 1 packet in this recipe. The fact that it’s flavorless, colorless and odorless makes it so easy to sneak it into my recipes without any issues. It’s packed with so many nutrients that are good for your health that I can’t resist using it!
Tips for fudgy avocado brownies
- All ingredients must be at room temperature so that they blend together smoothly.
- The melted chocolate cannot be too hot or else it will start cooking the eggs.
- Protein powder is optional but I highly recommend it because there is no harm in sneaking a little nutrition into desserts.
- I use a combination of granulated sugar and coconut sugar but you can also use all granulated sugar or a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Don’t replace sugar with honey or molasses because that will change the flavor and texture of these brownies.
- Don’t use whole wheat flour because it gives these brownies an odd “chunky” texture.
- Make sure avocados are mashed very well and there are no large chunks so that they blend together evenly into the brownie batter.
- Milk chocolate can also be used instead of semisweet chocolate.
- Don’t over-mix the brownie batter because that will yield very tough brownies. It’s okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Lining the baking pan with foil and lightly greasing it with oil makes it very easy to remove brownies after baking.
- Use a plastic knife to cut brownies. They prevent tears and make smooth and even cuts.
Variations for easy avocado brownies
- Stir in your favorite nuts (chopped pecans, walnuts e.t.c) to the brownie batter, prior to baking, to add a little crunch.
- When the brownies cool down completely, top them off with healthy coconut cream chocolate frosting to really enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Stir in some more chocolate chips to the brownie batter, prior to baking to make these brownies even more ooey gooey.
Other Brownie Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Carrot Brownies
- Fudgy Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Orange Brownies
- Cake Mix Brownies
- Fudgy Brownies with Crackly Tops
- Fudgy Eggless Brownies
Easy Avocado Brownies Recipe
- 2 Avocados Mashed
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar Or brown sugar
- 4 Eggs Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups Chocolate chips Semisweet, Melted but not too hot
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 packet Vital Proteins Collegen Peptides E.g.Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- In a mixing bowl, cream together mashed avocados, granulated sugar and coconut sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate chips and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, protein powder and cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula, spread batter in a square pan (Dimension: 8x8), lined with foil and lightly greased with oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool down completely before slicing into square pieces. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!