This easy eggless brownies recipe from scratch replaces eggs with applesauce and coconut oil. This eggless fudge brownie recipe is very soft and ooey gooey.
*Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring today’s post so that I can make these fudgy eggless brownies. As always, all opinions and photographs are mine. *
These fudgy eggless brownies have been a work in progress for about 7 months now and was totally worth it.
If you have been searching for the most ooey gooey brownies ever, your search can finally end now.
This eggless FUDGE brownie recipe is very EASY to make and honestly, you don’t even need a mixer.
By the way, I have a confession => I like to enjoy this eggless brownie batter by the spoonfuls, prior to baking…hehe.
It’s delicious and since there are no raw eggs, it’s safe too!
I topped them off with Nutella syrup but you can also heat some Nutella and spread it on top of the brownies with a spatula…Mmmmmmm!
I know many VEGAN people like to make eggless brownies with flaxseed. However, I don’t always have flaxseeds in my pantry and wanted a SIMPLE recipe that didn’t require that ingredient.
My recipe for eggless brownies with applesauce and melted chocolate chips, cocoa powder and coconut oil is very easy to make with basic ingredients that are always in your pantry.
These EASY brownies have:
- no eggs
- no butter
- no shortening
- no flaxseeds
- no condensed milk
- no yogurt/no curd
I also thought it would be good to share some of my experiments in the last few months so that you don’t make the same mistakes I did.
First, I made a batch of eggless brownies with yogurt and another batch of eggless brownies with sour cream. Both of them had a very tangy flavor… Yuck!
Then, I made eggless brownies with banana but the banana flavor was over-powering the chocolate flavor, which was weird.
I even tried different types of flours. The worst were eggless brownies with self raising flour because they had a cake- like texture.
Let’s be honest => An eggless brownie should be fudgy and NOT feel anything like a cake!
Here are some TIPS for the best eggless recipe for brownies:
- DO NOT replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour since that changes the flavor and texture of these brownies.
- DO NOT use sweetened applesauce or else your brownies will become too sweet. You must use unsweetened applesauce.
- If you add 1 tsp espresso powder in the batter, it will enhance the chocolate flavor even further… YUM!
- DON’T replace whole milk with condensed milk. Eggless brownies with condensed milk are super sweet and the texture will not be as fudgy as my recipe.
- Please DON’T over-mix the batter! Don’t worry if your batter has some lumps. Over-mixing will yield tough brownies.
- DO NOT over-bake these brownies. These are supposed to be ooey gooey, fudgy brownies and if you over-bake them, they will become dry. Your brownies are ready when they are a little soft in the center but not “jiggly” and “watery.”
- I like to add some collagen peptides for a boost of nutrition and recommend it. However, if you don’t have that, you can just omit it and your recipe won’t be affected.
- To make eggless brownies with cream cheese, drop a few spoonfuls of cream cheese on top of the brownie batter prior to baking and swirl it randomly with a butter knife.
- Leftover brownies can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
By the way, I added some collagen peptides in this recipe to add a boost of nutrition.
For those of you who don’t know, collagen peptides are packed with nutrients that are VITAL for the growth of your skin, hair, nails, bones and joints.
The best part is that it’s ODORLESS and TASTELESS.
So, you can add it to your recipes without worrying about the flavor changing.
How to make eggless brownies from scratch at home? How to make eggless brownies video? How to make eggless brownies in oven?
My recipe below is from scratch and I even did a video tutorial for it. It’s made in the oven and not a microwave or pressure cooker. Some readers have asked if that can be done with this recipe and I don’t know since I haven’t tried it yet.
To make these brownies, start off by adding chocolate chips, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave and mix everything together with a spatula until mixture is smooth. Add applesauce and milk and mix until smooth. Add flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix until just combined. Spread the batter in a square pan, lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Top off with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How to make eggless brownies with mix/ box mix? How to make eggless brownies from box?
Even though I prefer my brownies from scratch recipe, there are crazy busy days when I use a brownie mix box. The steps are really easy. In a mixing bowl, mix together the brownie mix, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or walnuts. Spread the mixture in a square pan (Dimensions: 9×9), lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Enjoy!
If you liked this post, you may also like some of these other brownie recipes:
Fudgy Eggless Brownies
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1/ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened applesauce room temperature
- ¼ cup Coconut oil room temperature
- ¼ cup Whole milk room temperature
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Collagen peptide powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream
- Nutella syrup
- In a microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Melt everything in the microwave in 30 second increments and mix with a spoon until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add the applesauce and milk and mix again until the batter is smooth.
- Add the flour, collagen peptide powder, baking powder, cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter in a square pan (Dimensions: 8×8), lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- After these fudgy eggless brownies have cooled down, cut square slices. Stack a few slices and top it off with a few scoops of ice cream, Nutella syrup, sprinkles and a cherry. Enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!