Halloween Spider Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Use this video tutorial to learn how to make quick and easy Halloween spider cookies with simple ingredients. Fun to make for kids Halloween parties.
If your kids liked my easy Frankenstein Cookies and my simple Dracula Cookies (Vampire Cookies), they are going to really like these simple spider cookies. You don’t need any fancy ingredients or tools… just store-bought ingredients/supplies and get as creative as you like!
These Oreo spider cookies are quick, easy and no bake!
Spider chocolate chip cookies
I have seen many other variations of this cookie design. The chocolate chip cookie version is very popular with pretzels legs and chocolate chips that are decorated with melted chocolate to look like spiders.
Peanut butter spider cookies
Make peanut butter blossoms cookies/ peanut butter thumbprint cookies and stick a Rolo candy in the center and draw out the legs with melted chocolate and add some candy eyeballs.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
These cookies were so precious that I was having a hard time biting into them although my little one devoured them in seconds. This is also a great Halloween edible craft for kids and if you pre-cut the candy pieces in advance, the little ones can just assemble everything together like a puzzle.
Tips for making spider cookies
- You can use Oreos or whatever other cream filled cookies you like.
- Use seasonal Halloween sprinkles instead of rainbow sprinkles to make these cookies look spooky.
- I used a spoon to spread melted chocolate but a clean paintbrush would be mush easier, especially if you are making these with kids.
- I added a licorice tongue but that’s optional and can be omitted.
- Instead of m&m eyes, you can use store-bought small candy eyeballs.
Other Halloween Cookies
- Leftover Halloween Candy Cookies
- Halloween Candy Corn S’mores
- Ghost Crackers
- Candy Corn Monster Cookies
- 10 Oreos
- 1 cup Chocolate Semisweet, Melted
- 15 Licorice ropes
- 10 Rectangular licorice pieces
- ½ cup Sprinkles
- 20 M&M candies
- Separate the Oreo cookies so that you are left with a creamy side and a non-creamy side.
- Pour a blob of melted chocolate on the creamy cookie.
- Cut up some some licorice ropes with scissors and stick them on the chocolate blob. These will be the legs of the spiders.
- Then, cut out a “u” shape with red licorice rips. This will be the tongue of the spiders. Stick this onto the melted chocolate too.
- Now, press the non-creamy side of the cookie on top until it sticks into place. You will need to work fast before the chocolate hardens.
- Pour another blob of melted chocolate on top of the cookie and cover with sprinkles.
- Use some more melted chocolate to stick two m&m candies on top of the sprinkles. These will be the eyes of the spiders. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature in a covered box for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!