Halloween Candy Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Learn how to make a quick and easy Halloween candy cake for kids or adults Halloween party. Great way to use up leftover Halloween candies too!
I have made many candy cakes over the years but this wacky cool Halloween candy cake is one of my favorites. Actually, there is a two-way tie between this cake and this Halloween Twizzler Cake. I love them both!
This is a red velvet cake with red American buttercream frosting and topped off with chocolate bites that are loaded with some CLASSIC Halloween candies like those pumpkins, candy corns and seasonal colored m&m’s.
I think this cake would be perfect to serve at a spooky adults or kids Halloween party but this is also a great cake to make after Halloween, when you are trying to use up all those leftover Halloween candies.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
Play around with this basic tutorial below and I am sure you will come up with many other candy cake ideas.
Cotton Candy Cake
You can also decorate this cake with some Halloween themed cotton candy. You can find some cool green and orange colors, this time of the year.
Candy bar Cake
Decorate this cake with some of your favorite chopped candy bars too. I only used candy corns, pumpkin candies and m&m’s.
Candy birthday cake
You can easily use the same tutorial to make a birthday cake. Just switch out the Halloween candies with the birthday kid’s favorite candies.
How to make candy cake?
- Bake the cake and let it cool down.
- Ice it in frosting.
- Spread melted chocolate blobs on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Toss some of your favorite candies and let it all set.
- Remove these chocolate bites from the wax paper.
- Stick them on top of the cake and you are done.
Tips for easy candy cake
- It’s difficult to make red frosting at home and takes a couple of days for the color to deepen. You can easily use store-bought red frosting, if you like.
- Use whatever candies your family and friends like.
- Change up the color of the frosting and candies to adjust the cake design for any other holiday or occasion.
- Prior to slicing the cake, remove the chocolate bites from the top or else it would be very hard to slice the cake.
- Work in a cool room temperature environment to prevent the candies and chocolate from melting.
Other Halloween cakes
Easy Halloween Candy Cake
- 2 Red velvet cakes Round, Dimensions: 8x2 each
- 4 cups American buttercream frosting Colored red
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate Melted
- 1/2 cup M&M candies Yellow and orange colors
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles Yellow and orange colors
- 1/2 cup Candy corns
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin candies
- Bake a red velvet cake. Fill and ice it in frosting.
- Use a spatula to create a textured look on the frosting. Keep aside.
- Gather all of your candies and use a knife to cut the pumpkin candies in half.
- Pour spoonfuls of melted chocolate into round "blobs" on a sheet of wax paper.
- Toss some candies and sprinkles on top of these melted chocolate blobs.
- Let the chocolate set and harden at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Push these chocolate pieces on top of the cake.
- Stick some candy corns along the base of the cake and you are done. Enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!