Remember the TURKEY cake I made for Thanksgiving last year?
Well, I LOVED it so much that I used it as inspiration for making a little turkey topper!
And yup... this little cutie has now made it into my collection of toppers that I just CAN'T eat...
You may be wondering "Why?"
Well, come on! Look at it... that's just CUTENESS OVERLOAD! hahaha ;)
I even did a VIDEO TUTORIAL so that you can follow along and make this little turkey topper for your Thanksgiving cakes and cupcakes. Check it out HERE.
I used BOTH, marshmallow fondant and modeling chocolate to make this topper.
You can use only fondant if you like but modeling chocolate is sturdier and dries faster.
For my modeling chocolate recipe, click HERE.
For my marshmallow fondant recipe,click HERE.
BTW, I am obsessed with these ADORABLE little pumpkin candies.
I think they are PERFECT for embellishing cakes this time of the year :)
Here are some more details of this cake:
- This is a small chocolate cake (5x3). For my chocolate cake recipe, click HERE.
- The cake is frosted in the most amazing buttercream icing ever. For my recipe, click HERE.
- I used a FORK (yup! a fork!!!) to create patterns all over the cake. Click HERE to see how I did that.
- And I just threw some green and orange sprinkles on top and around the base of the cake.
- Then, I placed my little turkey topper on top and a even a little pumpkin shaped candy.
And voila! All done!
I know it's a lot of work but totally worth it coz this cake is sure to WOW your guests on Thanksgiving!
And if you don't want to make a cake, you can make smaller turkeys and use those as cupcake toppers :)
Well, that's all for today. Don't forget to stop bY CakeJournal for my FREE VIDEO TUTORIAL!
Well, that's all for today.
If you are looking for more Thanksgiving inspiration, check out my Pinterest board HERE.
Until next time, tata my lovelies :)
Craving for more?
Then, Subscribe to my blog posts and be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for updates...