Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes (Mini)
Easy mini no bake strawberry cheesecake cupcakes recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Composed of graham cracker crust, cheesecake filling, fresh strawberry topping.
*Thank you Vital Proteins for sponsoring today’s post so that I can share this recipe with all of you. As always, all opinions are mine.*
I always feel so fancy when I am enjoying mini desserts like today’s recipe as well as these delicious Mini Nutella Cheesecake (No Bake). They are the perfect individual desserts for baby and bridal showers, or even a Mother’s Day celebration. The red color of the strawberries make them ideal for Valentine’s day or Christmas too. The creamy tangy cheesecake pairs so beautifully with the sweet strawberry topping, while the graham cracker crust adds the best crunchy contrast.
How to make easy strawberry cheesecake cupcakes recipe from scratch?
- Make crust– Press it into cupcake liners.
- Make cheesecake mixture– Mix cream cheese, strawberry Greek yogurt, honey, dissolved gelatin, whipped cream, berry powder.
- Top the crusts– With cheesecake mixture. Chill it.
- Add strawberry topping– Enjoy!
- Graham crackers– To make the crust.
- Cream cheese– I used low-fat to make it a little healthier.
- Gelatin– Dissolved, to help the cheesecake set solidly.
- Strawberries– To make the fruit topping.
- Honey– To sweeten the dessert and make it healthier.
Variations for mini no bake cheesecake cupcakes
Try another topping– Instead of strawberry topping, make with sour cream topping. You can also use How to Make Raspberry Pie Filling, How to Make Blueberry Pie Filling, or How to Make Cherry Pie Filling.
Try another base– Instead of a graham cracker crust, you can make the crust with vanilla wafers or even Oreo cookie base.
Make it pumpkin– Add a little bit of pumpkin spice in the cheesecake filling and use pumpkin flavored Greek yogurt.
Make it chocolate– Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder in the cheesecake mixture. You can also use coffee or chocolate flavored Greek yogurt to really enhance the chocolate flavor.
Make it red velvet– Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder and lots of red food coloring and pair it with a sour cream or cheesecake topping.
Make it a no bake Oreo or mini Oreo version– Prepare an Oreo cookie crust instead of a graham cracker crust.
Add whipped cream– Pipe a little dollop of this How to Make Homemade Stabilized Whipped Cream on top of the Strawberries.
Add crushed Oreos– Into the cheesecake mixture for a cookies n’ cream version.
Add zest– Such as lemon or lime to the cheesecake mixture for a brighter and tangier flavor.
Tips and techniques for individual mini cheesecakes
Use melted coconut oil– Because it ensures it mixes well with the graham cracker crumbs and there are no lumps.
How to make it a little healthier? Use low fat cream cheese and low fat Greek yogurt.
How to make these cheesecakes super creamy? Use full fat cream cheese and full fat Greek yogurt.
I highly recommend using a little gelatin in the cheesecake mixture– Because it sets better and holds its shape well.
You can use homemade strawberry topping or store-bought strawberry topping– Just make sure it’s thick so it does not drip off the cheesecakes completely.
Use pink gel food coloring to enhance the color instead of liquid food coloring– Because using too much liquid can alter the consistency of the cheesecake mixture.
Keep these cheesecakes chilled– Because they will hold their shape well plus they taste better chilled rather than warm.
When to add the topping?– Add it prior to serving or when the cheesecake mixture has set.
Make sure to really pack down/press down the graham cracker crust mixture into each cupcake liner– Because this prevents it from crumbling when you peel off the liners later. I like to use a shot glass to press it as firmly as possible.
How do you know when a cheesecake is done? You know it’s done when the cheesecake layer has set and holds its shape.
How long does it take for a no bake cheesecake to set? It depends on your fridge cooling settings but typically takes 2-3 hours to fully set.
How do you make graham cracker crust for cheesecake? Mix together graham cracker crumbs with melted coconut oil or melted butter and press that mixture tightly in a cheesecake pan or cupcake liners.
How to activate gelatin?– If you have never worked with gelatin before, add water and gelatin in a a small cup for about 3 minutes until it blooms. Heat in the microwave until gelatin melts completely and you have a smooth mixture.
This time, I used Vital Proteins mixed berry collagen peptides. It has a a WONDERFUL berry flavor as well as a lovely fruity fragrance. It also has a beautiful red color and gives your desserts a nice bright tinge. I only added a scoop but you can add more, if you like. You can use it in baked and no bake desserts and even smoothies. Lots of POSSIBILITIES!
Storage of homemade cheesecake
Refrigerate– In a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Freeze– In a sealed container without strawberry topping for up to 1 month. When you are ready to enjoy this dessert, thaw in fridge overnight, add topping and serve.
More cheesecake recipes
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake (With Gingersnap Crust)
- Cheesecake Brownies (Cream Cheese Brownies)
- New York Cheesecake (No Water Bath)
- Eggnog Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Peach Cheesecake (No Bake)
Mini No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 1 pound Strawberries, Rinsed, patted dry and hulled
- 1/2 cup Honey, Adjust according to your preference
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1-2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Additional water, For dissolving cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil, Melted
- 1 cup Cream cheese, Low fat
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, Strawberry flavored, Low fat
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Berry protein powder, Optional
- 1/2 cup Whipped cream , Optional
- 1.5 tsp Gelatin
- 2 tbsp Water, To dissolve gelatin
- Pink food coloring , Optional
- In a non-stick saucepan, add strawberries, honey, water and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes OR until strawberries become soft and liquid is reduced and starts to become thick.
- To make it even thicker, dissolve some cornstarch and water in a separate cup and pour that in the saucepan, while constantly mixing to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Allow the mixture to cool down completely.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a mixing bowl, add graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil.
- Mix until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of this mixture into each cupcake liner and use the base of a shot glass to press down the mixture and make a tight base.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Mixture
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, yogurt, honey, berry protein powder (optional)and mix until smooth.
- Add whipped cream (optional), dissolved gelatin, pink food coloring (optional) and mix until smooth and creamy.
Tip: If you have never worked with gelatin before, add water and gelatin in a a small cup for about 3 minutes until it blooms. Heat in the microwave until gelatin melts completely and you have a smooth mixture.
- Spread this mixture evenly on top of all the graham cracker crusts.
- Chill i the fridge for 2-3 hours or until the cheesecake mixture sets.
- Prior to serving, top off each mini cheesecake with strawberry topping and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.