Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Alfredo
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This simple slow cooker easy chicken alfredo requires 5 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time. It’s rich and creamy and an easy weeknight meal.
This slow cooker EASY chicken alfredo recipe has been a life saver, while our kitchen is going through renovations.
Honestly, this renovation is taking way longer than we expected…sighs!
I don’t want my family to be eating out every day, which is why we have been relying on easy CROCKPOT recipes.
This SIMPLE crockpot chicken alfredo recipe is kid-friendly and absolutely delicious!
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
This QUICK and easy chicken alfredo:
- is rich and creamy
- requires 5 ingredients
- requires 10 minutes of prep time
- has numerous flavor variations
How to make easy chicken alfredo pasta? How to make chicken alfredo sauce? How to make chicken alfredo with Ragu alfredo sauce?
The process is very simple. Start off by seasoning the chicken breasts and then place them in the slow cooker. Add alfredo sauce and let it all cook until chicken is done. Remove chicken and cut into small cubes. Mix that back into the sauce, along with the cooked pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are some flavor VARIATIONS you can try with this easy chicken alfredo fettuccine recipe:
- To make “easy chicken alfredo with rotisserie,“ you don’t even need a crockpot. Just heat the alfredo sauce in a saucepan and add sliced rotisserie chicken pieces or shredded rotisserie chicken. Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning according to your taste. Pour this over cooked pasta and enjoy!
- To make “easy chicken alfredo with cream of mushroom,“ add 1/4 cup cream of mushroom. You can also add some stir-fried sliced mushrooms in the crockpot during the last 15 minutes to make “easy chicken alfredo with mushrooms.”
- To make easy “chicken alfredo with broccoli/easy chicken fettuccine alfredo with broccoli,” add 1 cup frozen broccoli florets in the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes.
- To make easy “chicken alfredo with shrimp,” add shrimp during the last 30 minutes and let it cook. However, I, personally, prefer stir-frying the shrimps with some Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper first and then mixing it with everything else in the slow cooker during the last 15 minutes.
- To make “easy chicken alfredo with spinach,” add 3/4 cup frozen spinach that has been thawed and drained of excess water in the last 30 minutes.
- By the way, if you are looking for a “SKINNY alfredo recipe”, be sure to check out my one pot healthy fettuccine alfredo recipe.
Here are some TIPS for making PERFECT easy slow cooker chicken alfredo recipe:
- DON’T forget to spray the inside of the slow cooker with oil to prevent sticking.
- Slow cookers vary slightly and cooking time for mine is 2.5 hours. That’s how long it takes for the chicken to get fully cooked. Some slow cookers may require a little more time.
- Use flavored alfredo sauce since it has so much more flavor than classic alfredo sauce. My favorite is the roasted garlic alfredo sauce by Ragu but I have also used Bertolli sauces in the past, without any issues.
- Also, I like to make chicken alfredo with jar sauce or canned sauce since it’s readily available but you can easily REPLACE that with your own homemade alfredo sauce.
- Serving suggestions: You can either pour the chicken alfredo sauce over cooked fettuccine pasta OR mix the cooked pasta with the alfredo sauce in the slow cooker at the very end.
- If you feel that the alfredo sauce is too thick, you can add some half and half, milk or heavy cream to thin it out a bit.
- You can make easy chicken alfredo with penne pasta or bowtie pasta instead of fettuccine pasta.
- If you are adding broccoli in this chicken alfredo, make sure to add it in the last 30 minutes only or else it will become very soft and “mushy.”
- Leftovers can be STORED in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, although this meal tastes best when it’s served fresh.
If you liked this recipe, here are some other dinner and lunch recipe you might also enjoy:
Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Alfredo
- 2 Large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 jard (16 oz. each) alfredo sauce
- ½ pound Cooked fettuccine pasta
Garnish (optional but recommended)
- ¼ cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch of pepper
- Rub Italian seasoning, salt and pepper throughly over the chicken breasts and place them in a slow cooker (that has been sprayed with oil).
- Pour alfredo sauce on top of the chicken. Mix it all together.
- Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken breasts and use a sharp knife to cut them into small cubes and put them back in the slow cooker and mix everything together gently. You can also shred the chicken, if you like.
- Add the cooked pasta in the slow cooker and mix everything together.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, some pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!