Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
This quick and easy slow cooker beef and broccoli recipe requires 5 minutes of prep time. It’s made with simple ingredients and tastes better than take out.
I am not even kidding when I say that this slow cooker beef and broccoli recipe requires just FIVE minutes of prep time.
It makes the EASIEST weeknight meal ever!
Honestly, I would not have survived college (especially grad school!) if it wasn’t for my easy slow cooker recipes and one pot recipes.
I used to make this healthy beef and broccoli pretty much every week.
I would just DUMP all the ingredients in my crock pot before heading out to my classes and come home and add the final touches and enjoy TASTY beef and broccoli for dinner.
The beef always ends up being so soft and TENDER and very flavorful.
I swear this tastes just as good (perhaps even better!) than the beef broccoli you get at Chinese takeout or Chinese restaurants and it’s super CHEAP too!
Here are some TIPS for making PERFECT slow cooker beef and broccoli:
- Make sure to use measuring cups or weighing scales to measure your ingredients properly.
- Do not add the broccoli in the beginning. It will become very soggy disgusting. Add it towards the end. If you like firm and crunchy broccoli, cooking for an additional 15 minutes in the end would give perfect results. If you prefer soft but firm broccoli, cooking for an additional 30 minutes in the end would give perfect results.
- Do not over-cook the beef or else it will start shredding. Eeks!
- Your cooking time may vary slightly depending on the type of slow cooker or crock pot you use.
- Normally, I don’t have to add extra salt in this recipe but you can adjust the amount of salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Use low sodium soy sauce. The regular sauce is too salty.
- My family is not too fond of very sweet broccoli beef and that’s why I only use a 1/4 cup brown sugar. You can increase this quantity to 1/3 cup if you want it sweeter.
- Use frozen broccoli florets since it’s already pre-cut and washed and it also cooks faster.
- The sauce will thicken a little more as the beef broccoli cools down.
- This crock pot beef and broccoli tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoyed for up to 2 days.
You can SERVE this easy beef and broccoli with:
- Brown or white rice
- Pasta (especially noodles)
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this post, you may like some of these other easy weeknight meal recipes too:
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
- Add the beef, soy sauce, brown sugar, broth, sesame oil, pepper, ginger and garlic paste in the slow cooker and mix it all together.
- Cover let everything cook for 3 hours on high OR 5 hours on low.
- Remove ⅓ cup of the liquid into a small mixing bowl. Add cornstarch and mix it together until smooth. Pour this mixture in the slow cooker and mix everything together.
- Add broccoli.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes so that the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with rice.
- Tastes best when served fresh. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!