White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Quick and easy white chocolate peppermint cookies recipe, made from scratch with simple ingredients. Crispy and crackly on the outside, chewy on the inside.
I made these white chocolate peppermint cookies last Christmas and everyone said they want me to make it every year. They are rich and buttery and have these beautiful crispy and crackly tops with chewy centers, very similar to my Crackly Sugar Cookies.
Also known as peppermint sugar cookies!
They are also wonderful for holiday cookie exchanges.
Dark chocolate peppermint cookies
Rather than white chocolate, dip each cookie in melted dark chocolate.
Peppermint chocolate chip cookies
Stir in 1 cup white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips in the dough. You can also stir in dark chocolate chips or chunks.
Oreo peppermint cookies
Stir in 1 cup roughly chopped Oreos in the cookie dough.
These Christmas peppermint cookies get their flavor from:
- Candy canes
Tips for white chocolate peppermint cookies recipe
- Do not replace baking soda with baking powder because that helps create the crackly appearance.
- Don’t omit cream of tartar in this recipe because you need that to create the crackly effect on these cookies.
- Do not replace egg yolks with whole eggs because that would make the dough very sticky.
- All ingredients must be at room temperature so that they blend together smoothly.
- There is no need to chill the dough before baking.
- Do not over-bake these cookies or else the edges of these cookies will become dark brown and hideous.
- Make sure to let the cookies cool down completely before decorating them because if not, chocolate will start melting and become messy.
Variations of simple candy cane peppermint cookies
- Make cookie sandwiches, using my Best Cream Cheese Frosting as a filling.
- Randomly drizzle white chocolate on top of the cookies.
- Frost the top of the cookies with American Buttercream Frosting and sprinkle some crushed candy canes.
- Drizzle a simple sugar glaze on top of each cookie.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, peppermint extract and pink gel coloring and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and make little balls. Roll them in granulated sugar and place on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the edges are firm.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely.
- Then, dip each cookie in melted white chocolate and place on a cookie tray, lined with wax paper.
- Toss some crushed candy canes on top of each cookie and let the chocolate set (takes about 15 minutes). Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Store leftovers in a cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies.