Peppermint Stuffed Chocolate Sugar Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These rich peppermint stuffed chocolate sugar cookies are crispy on the outside yet soft and gooey on the inside. Perfect for gifting during the Holidays!
Even though I am NOT a big fan of mint flavor, I do like it paired with chocolate such as these peppermint stuffed chocolate sugar cookies.
Honestly, I find the flavor of peppermint too STRONG and unless it’s mellowed out with other ingredients, I get very NAUSEOUS.
That being said, I was at the BlogHer Food conference this weekend and a friend of mine gave me a little gift box of various candies and chocolates coz she knows I have a sweet tooth (Thanks hun!).
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
So when I got home, I decided to make peppermint patty stuffed chocolate sugar cookies coz they are so POPULAR and I wanted to see what the big FUSS is all about!
I used my favorite chocolate sugar cookie recipe and STUFFED one peppermint patty into each cookie ball.
Then I tossed a few SPRINKLES and baked the cookies, crossing my fingers and hoping for the BEST.
I was WORRIED these cookies would be a mess with chocolate and mint oozing all over but that did not happen at all…Woohoo!
These cookies were CRISPY on the outside and soft yet firm on the inside.
Unlike other stuffed cookies I have tried in the past, these cookies did NOT get soggy and soft over time.
They remained crispy until the day I finished them off.
My chocolate sugar cookie recipe is RICH and packed with a very strong and rich chocolate flavor.
That’s why it worked soooo well with these sweet and minty patties.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this post, you may like some of these other cookie recipes too…
Peppermint stuffed chocolate sugar cookies
- Chocolate sugar cookie dough
- 20 Peppermint patties
- Colorful sprinkles
- Prepare your cookie dough.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough and stuff a peppermint patty in it. Then, roll it into a ball and place it on a cookie tray.
- Toss some sprinkles on top of the cookie dough ball and gently press down to flatten it slightly.
- Follow steps 1-3 to make as many peppermint stuffed cookie dough balls as you need.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are crispy on the edges and the tops are slightly firm. Enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!