Easy Waffle Cake
Quick and easy easy waffle cake recipe with peanut butter, syrup and fresh fruits. This can also be served as a waffle birthday cake or waffle wedding cake.
*Thank you Hungry Jack® and Jif® for sponsoring today’s posts so that I can share this easy waffle cake recipe with all of you. As always, all opinions are mine alone.*
As the saying goes: “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” and what can be better than this EASY waffle cake?!?!
Plain old waffles with syrup are just so BORING and let’s face it: I don’t do boring breakfast, especially on my kid’s first day back to school.
That’s why I made this SIX layer Belgian waffle cake!
Each layer is LOADED with cinnamon flavored peanut butter, fruits and of course….LOTS of syrup!
Also, if you are thinking of UNIQUE dessert ideas, who says you can’t have waffle for dessert? heheh.
This UNIQUE cake is sure to be a hit with your guests.
TIPS for simple waffle cake recipe:
- I used a waffle mix to make these waffles but you also make them from scratch, using your favorite recipe OR even make cake mix waffles (waffle made with cake mix).
- You can make this cake even taller but it will start leaning and there is a high chance it can COLLAPSE. That’s why I only recommend 6 waffles (8 inches wide).
- Be sure to use a very SHARP knife to slice this cake since you have to cut through so many layers.
- This cake tastes best when served FRESH. I don’t recommend storing leftovers since the syrup will make the waffles very soft and soggy (YUCK!).
How to make waffle cake?
The process is very SIMPLE. Start off by preparing waffles. Then, spread peanut butter, toss fruits and pour some syrup on top of each waffle. Place another waffle on top. Spread peanut butter, toss fruits and pour some syrup on top of each waffle. Continue doing this until you have a waffle tower. Finally, decorate with more fruits and pour more syrup. Enjoy!
What is waffle cake?
It’s a cake that’s made by stacking layers of waffles and your choice of fillings and toppings. You can find so many other waffles cakes recipes in Google image searches and even Pinterest.
Other Waffle Cake Ideas:
- Instead of peanut butter, you can use: jams and preserves, Nutella, chocolate spread, Biscoff (cookie butter), flavored cream cheese.
- Instead of pancake syrup, you can use: pure maple syrup honey, chocolate syrup, caramel, dulce de leche, ganache, simple glaze or this Nutella syrup.
- Instead of fresh fruits, you can add: chocolate chips or chopped up candy bars. Top it off with some candles and you will end up with a waffle birthday cake.
- Use these instructions to make a waffle WEDDING cake. They are beautiful and the most popular ones at the moment seem to be red velvet cake waffles because of their romantic color.
- You can also make a SAVORY waffle cake with bacon, breakfast potatoes and cheese sauce.
I used Hungry Jack® Pancake & Waffle Mix, Hungry Jack® Syrup and Jif® Flavored Spread (Cinnamon) in this recipe and they were the PERFECT choice.
The pancakes were so SOFT and FLUFFY.
Also, I can’t get enough of that cinnamon peanut butter… It’s naturally flavored with NO artificial ingredients and oh so creamy! YUM!
Well, that’s all for today.
Other breakfast recipes:
Easy Waffle Cake Recipe
- 4 cups Waffle mix
- 2 cups Peanut butter, Cinnamon
- 2 cups Pancake syrup
- 1 cup Kiwis, Sliced
- 1 cup Grapes, Sliced
- 1 cup Strawbwrries, Sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries, Sliced
- Prepare 6 waffles, following the instructions on your box.
- Wash the fruits, slice them and pat them dry on a few sheets of paper towels.
- Place one waffle on a cake stand.
- Spread peanut butter on top of it.
- Toss some fruits and pour a little syrup.
- Place another waffle on top.
- Continue doing this with the remainder of the waffles until you have a tower.
- Decorate the top with remaining fruits and pour more syrup. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips and notes above.
- I used an 8 inch waffle maker.
- Tastes best when served fresh. Leftovers can become soggy because of all that syrup.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!