Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy banana chocolate chip cookies recipe, requiring simple ingredients, ripe bananas and lots of chocolate. They are soft, moist with a cake like texture.
If you have any ugly RIPE bananas lying around, make these banana chocolate chip cookies asap.
This is my Mom’s recipe and even after trying countless banana cookie recipes from cook books and blogs, I always come back to this family FAVORITE recipe.
I even tried those popular healthy banana chocolate chip cookies (3 ingredients) and honestly, I didn’t like them too much.
Those might be good cookies for a quick breakfast on the go but they are certainly NOT the type of cookies I would put in a cookie basket.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
However, these chocolate chip banana cookies are INCREDIBLE and PILLOWY SOFT and bursting with banana and chocolate flavors.
There are NOT low fat banana chocolate chip cookies but you can do some MODIFICATIONS to make them a bit healthier:
- Use coconut oil or coconut butter instead of butter.
- Use dark chocolate chips instead of milk or semisweet chocolate chips.
- Use a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour (1/2 cup all-purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat).
TIPS for making MOIST banana chocolate chip cookies
- DON’T skip the step where you have to chill the dough since that prevents the cookies from spreading.
- Make sure to use unsalted butter.
- You must use really ripe bananas for best results.
- DON’T skip cinnamon powder since it adds a wonderful “banana cake” flavor and aroma to these cookies.
- Ingredients must all be at room temperature since they BLEND together thoroughly.
- DON’T replace granulated sugar with brown sugar or vice versa. You MUST use BOTH for the perfect texture!
- Instead of chocolate chips, include whatever add- ins you like such as walnuts, pecans, almonds, raisins, dried cranberries.
- Recipe can be doubled to make a bigger batch.
- To make peanut butter banana chocolate chip cookies, use 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter and only 2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- To make banana cashew cookies, replace chocolate chips with chopped cashews.
- To make banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, add 1/4 cup quick cooking oats in this recipe. This will yield chewy banana chocolate chip cookies.
- DON’T try to modify this recipe to make vegan banana chocolate chip cookies or gluten free banana chocolate chip cookies. I tried and it did not work out well at all.
How to make banana chocolate chip cookies?
It’s very SIMPLE. Start off by creaming together butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, banana, flour, baking powder, cinnamon. Mix everything together until smooth. Then, stir in chocolate chips. Bake and enjoy!
Other banana recipes
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips Semisweet, Milk or Dark
- 1 Banana Ripe, Mashed
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, banana, vanilla extract and mix until well-blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Scoop out small portions of cookie dough on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes OR until firm and golden brown along the edges. Enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!