Halloween Rolo Chocolate Monsters
Use this step by step tutorial to make cute Halloween chocolate monsters with Rolo candies and lots of sprinkles. Fun edible craft to do with kids.
After making these Halloween Rolo Chocolate Spiders, the idea for today’s cut Halloween treat popped into my mind. It’s fun to make with kids and you can use simple candies and supplies you already have at home.
I made 2 versions. The big one is made with stacking 2 Rolos and the smaller one is made with just 1 Rolo. They are both covered in sprinkles and given colorful eyes.
Variations and Tips for Chocolate Monsters
Use other shapes of candies but the same concept.
Try other colors of sprinkles or make your own seasonal blend.
Instead of making toothpick eyes, just buy them. They can usually be found in the Halloween section of most grocery stores.
For sticking candies together and even sprinkles, use corn syrup or melted chocolate.
Stack more Rolos on top of each other to make very big monsters. You can create a tray of multiple different sizes for parties.
The recipe below can easily be doubled or tripled to make a bigger batch.
Add more body parts and details with other candies such as feet with licorice strips. You can get super creative! Add wings or hair or hands. There are so many unique shapes of candies that the possibilities are endless.
Turn them into a pop by pushing a lollipop stick through the bottom. This makes for a better presentation on dessert tables and are also fun to eat.
Room temperature- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Refrigerate- They can be stored in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
They can probably be stored for longer but they have never lasted longer than a week at our home.
More Halloween Desserts
Halloween Chocolate Monsters
- 10 Rolo candies
- 1/4 cup Melted chocolate, Semisweet or milk or dark
- 2 tbsp Corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles
- Unwrap 2 Rolo candies. Stack them on top of each other. Use melted chocolate to stick them together. This will be your monster's body.
- Break toothpicks in half. Use edible colors to color them in different shades.
- Make eye balls now by drawing a big black dot on colorful round sprinkles. Stick the eye balls on top of the toothpicks with very little melted chocolate. Instead of making these toothpick eyes, you can just buy something similar at stores during Halloween.
- Push these toothpicks on top of the Rolo body.
- Brush some corn syrup all around the Rolo body.
- Dip the monster in a bowl of sprinkles until he is completely covered and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week.