Easter Bunny Cake Topper
Use this cake decorating tutorial to make a quick and easy Easter bunny cake topper, using fondant. Simple way to decorate cakes and cupcakes for Easter parties!
Easter is still a few weeks away but I simply couldn’t wait to share this EASTER bunny cake topper tutorial.
I know there are many rabbit cake decorations to choose from during this time but some of these are so complicated.
This SIMPLE fondant bunny cake topper/ rabbit cake topper is made with a few simple cutters that I am sure you already have in your collection.
If you have kids who likes bunnies and you are making a homemade birthday cake, this would be a very EASY bunny birthday cake topper too.
You can also make 2 fondant bunnies- a boy and a girl and give the boy a tuxedo and the girl a tiara or veil. This way, you would have adorable little bunny wedding cake topper/ rabbit wedding cake topper too.
By the way, you can see how I made bunny ears below and make a bigger version to make just bunny ears cake topper. They seem to be very POPULAR these days.
I also have many Easter cake ideas and tutorials that you can check out for inspiration, if you are looking for something different.
To make these Easter bunny toppers, you will need the following INGREDIENTS/SUPPLIES:
- Mini wacky depression cakes (Dimensions: 3×3)
- Cooked flour buttercream (Ermine Frosting)
- Round confetti sprinkles
- Blue marshmallow fondant
- Pink marshmallow fondant
- Royal icing or corn syrup
- Melted chocolate
- Black edible marker
- Lollipop sticks
- Small oval cutter
- Big circle cutter
- Small circle cutter
- Heart cutter
- Round confetti sprinkles
How to make fondant bunny cake topper?
How to make an Easter bunny cake topper?
- Roll out blue fondant and use a circle cutter and heart cutter to cut out pieces. Use a knife to cut the heart piece in half and you will end up with two petal pieces.
- Cut out two small oval shaped pink fondant pieces. Stick them on top of the petal pieces. These will be the bunny’s ears.
- Let’s make all the facial features now… Cut out two small blue circles and poke little holes on them with a toothpick. Cut out a little pink triangle piece for the nose. Draw eyes on two round confetti sprinkles with a black edible marker.
- Stick all the facial features on the big circle piece with some water.
- Stick the ears behind the circle piece with some royal icing, water or corn syrup.
- Draw the mouth and eyebrows with a black edible marker.
- Allow this bunny topper to dry overnight and harden.
- The next day, stick a lollipop stick at the back of the bunny topper with melted chocolate and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Now, prepare your cake and cover it in frosting and sprinkles.
- Then, gently push the bunny topper into the top of the cake. Enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this easy Easter cake, you may like some of these other Easter desserts:
Until next time, tata my lovelies!