Easter Egg Cake
Use this cake decorating tutorial to learn how to make a quick and easy Easter egg cake. Great for kids Easter parties too and a great way to use up all the Easter egg candies.
Just like the Peeps cake that I shared last week, this Easter egg cake is also very EASY to make and uses seasonal candies.
Best of all, kids can help and you know how much I LOVE that!
I know there are many Easter cake ideas and Easter egg cake recipe ideas out there but this one is one of the easiest!
You DON’T even need an Easter egg cake pan for this chocolate Easter egg cake tutorial.
This is a really SMALL chocolate cake (about 4 inches), frosted in green buttercream icing.
The sides of the cake are decorated with CUTE bunny and duck shaped sprinkles. I found these sprinkles at Target but I have also seen them at some dollar stores.
The top of this cake is covered in an Oreo cookie nest and speckled Easter egg candies!
You can make nests with pretzels or even cereal BUT I like Oreos better.
How to make an Easter egg cake without a mold?
You can use Easter egg candies like I did or carve round cakes into the shape of an egg.
How to make a 3D egg shaped cake?
- Bake cakes
- Allow cakes to cool down completely
- Stack the cakes with frosting
- Use a sharp knife to carve the cake into an oval egg shape
- Frost the cake in icing
- Cover the cake in fondant and decorate any way you like
Check out this speckled egg shaped cake tutorial if you want a different spin.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this post, you may like some of these other Easter desserts too:
Easter Egg Cake
- Bake 6 mini cakes and let them cool down completely.
- Frost the top of one cake in green icing. Place another cake on top and gently, press it down. Frost the entire cake in green icing.
- Stick some Easter sprinkles randomly along the sides of the cake.
- Arrange the crushed Oreos in a circular formation on top of the cake. Make sure to leave space in the center.
- Place the egg candies gently in the center of that Oreo nest. Enjoy!
- Instead of mini cakes, you can make one large round cake.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!