Quick, easy chocolate covered graham crackers recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Covered in melted chocolate (semisweet or white) and sprinkles. A simple no bake dessert!
I love sweet, simple desserts for the kids, whether it is an after-school treat or something they can enjoy after dinner. Honestly, I'm not always up for baking an entire five tier cake, but this will hit the sweet tooth just as well. Since anything tastes good covered in chocolate, check out my other chocolate dipped recipes: Chocolate Covered Oreos (Dipped Oreos), Chocolate Covered Raspberries, Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, and Chocolate Covered Cherries.
How to make chocolate covered graham crackers?
- Melt chocolate– Until smooth.
- Dip crackers– In this bowl of melted chocolate.
- Toss sprinkles- On top.
- Let chocolate set– At room temperature.
How to melt chocolate?
Double boiler method
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- Place chocolate in a separate, small pot or heat-safe bowl.
- Place smaller pot over the boiling water so that the edges of the top seal in the steam rising from the bottom pot.
- Stir chocolate until it melts to right consistency.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place bowl in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and check consistency.
- Add an additional 15 seconds, checking and stirring each time until the chocolate has melted.
- Be careful not to overcook and burn the chocolate.
Variations for chocolate dipped graham crackers
Add a filling- Between 2 crackers like a sandwich and then dip in chocolate. For example, peanut butter, Biscoff cookie spread, marshmallow fluff, Nutella, caramel, or various frostings would work well. You may want to try my Caramel Frosting, Mint Frosting, or Marshmallow Frosting to name a few.
Other decorating ideas- Chopped nuts, dried fruits, crushed Oreos, other shapes of sprinkles, chopped up candy bars, sea salt, or m&m’s.
Use white chocolate- Instead of using milk or dark chocolate to cover the cookies.
Use as a topping on other desserts- Once these chocolate dipped crackers harden, chop them up roughly and put them on top of ice cream sundaes, cheesecake, cakes, cupcakes.
Tips and techniques for chocolate crackers
What chocolate to use? You can use many different types, such as chocolate chips, bakers chocolate, or candy melts.
Don’t burn chocolate-Because it can’t be salvaged and fixed after the damage is done!
Use wax paper or parchment paper- Because this makes cookie removal easier and less messy.
Let chocolate set fully before removing them- Because you will end up with smudge marks on chocolate and a gooey mess instead of nice lines, easy clean up, and pretty cookies.
Use a fork- To dip each cracker in this bowl of melted chocolate for less mess and more ease. Then use this fork to tap cookies against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate so that your the chocolate is smooth and not too thick or chunky.
Sprinkle toppings before chocolate sets- You will want to put sprinkles on just after dipping, because otherwise the chocolate will cool and the sprinkles won’t stick.
Storage for chocolate grahams
Room Temperature- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Fridge- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container, separated by sheets of wax paper, for up to 1 month.
Freezer- This is not recommended, because the chocolate coating may crack as it thaws.
More no bake desserts with graham crackers
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Sweet and Salty Chocolate Crackers
- Banana Cream Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- 20 Graham crackers
- 3-4 cups Chocolate chips Semisweet, Milk or Dark, Melted
- 2-3 tablespoon Sprinkles Optional
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave until smooth.
- Use a fork to dip each cracker in this bowl of melted chocolate.
- Tap the fork against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place crackers on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Before the chocolate sets, toss some sprinkles on top of the cookies.
- Allow the chocolate to set and harden at room temperature.
- If you want to create a chocolate drizzle pattern, allow the chocolate dipped crackers to set. Then, fill a piping bag with melted chocolate and snip the end to create a small opening. Drizzle this chocolate in a right/left motion on top of crackers. Allow drizzle to set.
- Then, remove crackers gently from the parchment paper and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.