Quick, easy, sweet, salty, no bake chocolate crackers recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Saltine crackers are topped with green m&m candies, white chocolate, Twix bars. Perfect for St.Patrick's day parties.
These bite sized treats are so delicious that you can't stop eating them. Best of all, they are so easy to put together that even kids can help. Since green candies were used, they are great for serving on St.Patrick's Day but if you are looking for more inspiration, be sure to check out this collection of Green Desserts (St.Patrick's Day Desserts).
This just proves that green desserts don't have to look gross or slimy. They can be fun and pretty and tasty! Wrap up today's treats in a nice box and it will make a wonderful homemade gift for family and friends. It also makes a great addition at a themed dessert charcuterie board.
How to make homemade chocolate crackers?
- Spread melted chocolate- On top of cookies.
- Add toppings- Such as chopped up m&m candies and Twix pieces
- Let chocolate set- This takes about 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
More St.Patricks' Day Desserts
- Irish Trifle- inspired by the flag of Ireland.
- Leprechaun Cake Pops- Made with leftover cake.
- Rainbow Sprinkles Cake- So colorful!
Variations for chocolate crackers (Sweet and salty dessert)
Use other candy bars- I used roughly chopped Twix bars but you can use Kit Kats, Mars, Mounds, Milky Way, Crunch, Snickers e.t.c.
Use other types of melted chocolate- I used melted white chocolate but you can also use semisweet chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
Add chocolate chips- Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top.
Add sprinkles- Toss some green sprinkles on top to enhance the green color.
Toss some nuts - This would be a healthier alternative to candy toppings. Try roughly chopped almonds, peanuts, cashews, walnuts, pecans.
Sprinkle dried fruits- This would also be another healthier alternative to candy toppings. Try roughly chopped dried apricots, raisins, cranberries, shredded coconut, dried mangoes.
Use other colors of m&m's- Match the color of candies with the theme of the event or holiday. E.g. Use pink and red candies for Valentine's Day.
Try another cracker base- Instead of saltine crackers, use graham crackers or Cut Out Sugar Cookies or even Oreos.
Drizzle salted caramel- Do this at the very end. Make sure it's thick because if it's too thin, it will make the crackers soggy.
Spread nut butters- Such as peanut butter or Nutella. Spread this instead of melted white chocolate.
Room temperature- Store leftovers in a sealed container or cookie jar 2-3 days.
Refrigerate- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for about 5 days.
Freeze- This is not recommended since the crackers can become soggy upon thawing.
Easy Chocolate Crackers
- 20 Saltine crackers Can use graham crackers instead too
- 1 cup Melted white chocolate
- ½ cup Green m&m candies Roughly chopped
- 2 Twix bars Roughly chopped
- Spread melted white chocolate on top of your crackers.
- Then, toss some chopped up m&m candies and Twix pieces on top.
- Let the crackers sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes until the melted chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
- Read all my notes above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for 2-3 days.