Quick and easy chocolate banana bread recipe, made with simple ingredients. Soft, moist, loaded with chocolate chips and starts off with cake mix.
Even if you are a novice/ beginner baker, you can make this bread. It's great as a dessert, snack, breakfast or even brunch. It never fails and tastes delicious and kids can help too. This is just as great as my Christmas Gingerbread.
How do you make banana bread moist?
The moisture in this recipe comes from oil and ripe bananas but other key ingredients for making many desserts moist are:
- Oil (Especially coconut oil)
- Sour cream
- Yogurt (Especially Greek yogurt)
How do you make chocolate banana cake?
Prepare the batter, as per instructions below and spread this batter in a round cake pan 8x3. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean. It makes a very rich and dense cake. You can also try my Banana Chocolate Chip Cake.
What can I make with bananas and chocolate chips?
- Chocolate Banana Popsicles
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Biscotti
Variations of chocolate chip banana bread recipe
- For a classic banana bread, use yellow cake mix instead of chocolate cake mix to make and also. You can also omit chocolate chips altogether.
- Transform this recipe into chocolate chip banana bread muffins- Pour batter in greased/floured muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
- Omit walnuts and drizzle melted peanut butter on top and toss crushed roasted peanuts.
- Reduce the amount of chocolate chips by half and match the remaining amount with chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans.
- You can get a dose of double chocolate by using a chocolate cake mix and chocolate chips.
- For a dose of triple chocolate, use chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips and top off with chocolate ganache or a drizzle of chocolate glaze.
- For a different flavor profile, stir in butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips.
Tips and tricks for cake mix bread
- Chocolate cake mix or Devil's Food cake mix both work well. The brand of cake mix does not matter.
- Use semisweet or milk chocolate chips rather than dark chocolate chips because dark chocolate is very strong and overpowers all other flavors.
- Don't replace oil with butter because butter makes this bread too dense.
- Make sure to use the ripest bananas you can find because they add a lot of moisture and sweetness.
- You can either use 1 large loaf pan or 2 smaller loaf pans.
- Don't remove the loaves from the pan until they fully cool down or else they will crumble and fall apart.
- You can even freeze this to enjoy later. Once the loaves fully cool down, wrap them tightly in saran wrap and put them in sealed freezer bags for up to 1 month. Let them thaw at room temperature for 30-40 minutes and then cut slices with a sharp knife.
- Toppings are optional and can be omitted.
Other doctored cake mix recipes
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Donuts
- Easy Pumpkin Cake With Cake Mix
- Easy Apple Cake With Cake Mix
- Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Brownies
- Cake Mix Champagne Cupcakes
- Coconut Cranberry Cake With Cake Mix
- Eggnog Cookies
- Easy Gingerbread Cookies With Cake Mix
Easy Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together mashed bananas, oil and eggs until smooth.
- Add cake mix, chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Pour batter into two greased/floured loaf pans (Dimensions: 8x4).
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45- 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!