Moist Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
The best, classic, spiced soft, moist, quick and easy carrot cake recipe, homemade from scratch with simple ingredients. Covered in cream cheese frosting!
After countless trial and errors, I have the perfect Easter cake to share with all of you. It’s packed with wonderful spices like nutmeg and cinnamon.
I am not too fond of cloves and omit that but if you like that, feel free to add some in this recipe.
This SIMPLE carrot cake recipe is made with BASIC ingredients that I bet you already have in your kitchen pantry.
People have strong feelings about the use of pineapples and nuts in this cake.
Some people love them and some hate them.
Based on my research, carrot cake with pineapple and nuts, especially walnuts is the CLASSIC version.
I know this cake is usually considered to be an Easter cake or Easter dessert but honestly, it can be enjoyed throughout the year at birthday parties, anniversaries, weddings and other celebrations.
I combined 3 family recipes to come up with this TRADITIONAL carrot cake with cream cheese frosting recipe.
It even got the seal of approval from my Mom and Grandma, who are both excellent bakers.
Tips and Techniques
- Don’t replace granulated sugar with brown sugar.
- Both, baking powder and baking soda, are used in this easy carrot cake recipe. Do not omit one with the other.
- Make sure your oven is calibrated properly so that the cake bakes evenly at the proper temperature.
- Recipe can easily be doubled to make a layer cake.
- Don’t use small eggs in this recipe. It didn’t give the same results. Large eggs must be used.
- If you add 1 tsp orange extract, it will add an incredible fruity flavor to this cake.
Other Easter desserts
- Pistachio carrot cupcakes
- Peeps cake
- Easter egg cake
- Chocolate coconut Easter bird nests
- Easter bunny cake
- Ideas for filling plastic Easter eggs
- Easter bunny toppers
- Eggplant cake
- Easter chick cupcakes
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!
Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Eggs Large
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1.5 cups Carrots Shredded
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Finely chopped, Coated in flour to prevent sinking
- 2 cups Cream cheese frosting
In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, vanilla extract, sugar and mix until smooth. Keep aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger.
Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture, along with the carrots and mix until just combined.
Fold in walnuts.
Pour batter in a greased/ floured round cake pan (Dimensions: 9x2).
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool down completely.
Then, ice it in cream cheese frosting.
Decorate, using the round tip and star tip.
Sprinkle chopped walnuts along the bottom of the cake. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.