Cake Mix Chocolate M&M Cookies
Easy cake mix chocolate m&m cookies made with simple ingredients from your pantry. Crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. Great as a snack or gift!
I have been making these cake mix chocolate m&m cookies for as long as I can remember.
I even make them with my kiddo now because they are so QUICK and EASY!
You just DUMP all the ingredients in a bowl, MIX everything together and then, form little balls and BAKE!
These cookies are so round and POOFY.
They are soft on the inside but slightly crispy on the outside and those m&m candied add a little CRUNCH, which I adore!
By the way, if you like giving homemade gifts to family and friends during Christmas/Holiday season, then consider dumping all the dry ingredients of this chocolate m&m cookies recipe in a cookie jar and attaching a printed recipe card. That would make a wonderful HOMEMADE GIFT!
Here are some TIPS for the perfect chocolate m&m cookies made with cake mix:
- Use Pillsbury Devil’s Food cake mix. It yields the best results and has the best flavor. Trust me… I have tried other brands of cake mixes and this one ROCKS!
- Don’t over-bake the cookies! They will become hard and dry. It’s better to under-bake them (which keeps them very fudgy) rather than over-baking them.
- If the cookie dough is too “wet,” place the dough in the fridge for an hour and then make balls. I am usually very impatient to wait this long. So, I just wear disposable plastic gloves and make balls. No sticky mess this way!
- If you add some chocolate chips into the batter (about 1/2 cup), you can make double chocolate m&m cookies…YUM! You can also toss other add-ins like candies or sprinkles or even pretzels to this recipe, if you like.
- These cake mix cookies are made without shortening or butter. I used oil since that gave these cookies the “poofy” shape.
- You can also make chocolate m&m cookie bars by preparing the dough as directed. But instead of making cookie balls, spread the batter in a greased/floured 8 inch square pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
If you are fond of easy doctored cake mix recipes, you should check out these amazing recipes from my blog archives:
Easy cake mix gingerbread cookies
How to make a cake mix taste better
Cake Mix Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 1 box Pillsbury Devil’s Food cake mix
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M candies
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix powder, oil, eggs, baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Scoop out tablespoons (1-2 tbsp) of the cookie dough and roll them into balls and flatten then slightly.
- Place them on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Press a few M&M candies on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes or until they are crispy on the edges. Enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!
I’ll admit that I used to be such a homemade cookie snob that I never made cake mix cookies. I was so wrong! (Being an old lady, you’d think I would know better by now.) I needed cookies quickly for my grandchildren a couple of months ago but was out of butter so I broke down and tried a recipe. Ever had those “wedding cake” almond-flavored cookies? Glorious! Moving on, I found this recipe of yours & made them with Christmas M&M’s. They are just delicious. Now when I get compliments on the cookies, I love to tell folks that they are easily made with a cake mix! Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes, across the meal spectrum. I’ve been making many of them for a couple of years now. Have a lovely holiday season with your family.
Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I know exactly what you mean! I love baking from scratch but there are many times when I have used doctored cake mix recipes and family/friends love them. They have been such a time saver for me that I started sharing them on the blog to help others, just like you. Happy holidays!