Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Quick and easy black bean brownies recipe, made with simple ingredients. Soft, moist, rich and fudgy. Loaded with chocolate chips and cocoa powder. They are also gluten-free.
I have been tweaking this recipe for years and I am finally happy to share it with you today but first, I want to be honest and say that I don’t think these will ever be as good as my Fudgy Brownies with Crackly Tops or my Cake Mix Brownies. However, this is the only way you will ever get me to eat black beans in a dessert. hehe.
When I first saw the trend of these brownies a few years ago, I was so surprised because my first few attempts had been disastrous and yet, people were raving about them.
Thankfully, countless more attempts have now allowed me to develop the most fudgy brownies ever, loaded with chocolate and sweetened with honey and brown sugar. I didn’t frost them but you can take them over the top by spreading this Healthy Coconut Cream Chocolate Frosting or this Sugar Free Frosting.
How to make black bean brownies?
- Mix together black beans, honey, brown sugar, cocoa powder, butter, baking powder, vanilla extract in a blender.
- Add eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour black bean brownie batter in a greased pan.
- Let it cool, cut slices and enjoy.
Tips and techniques for black bean brownie recipe
- All ingredients must be at room temperature– That’s because they blend together smoothly and evenly.
- Honey substitution– Can be maple syrup.
- Butter substitution– Can be melted coconut oil but it does have a subtle coconut taste that some people don’t like.
- Egg substitution– Nothing! These are not vegan black bean brownies. I tried flax seeds but the results were very disappointing and I don’t recommend it.
- Don’t over-mix the batter– It’s okay if there are some lumps.
- Adjust amount of chocolate chips– This is based on personal preference. Add more or less. Also, you can use chocolate chunks or even use one of of your favorite favorite chocolate bars (roughly chopped up).
- Draining and rinsing black beans– You must do this because if not, these brownies will have a weird after-taste. Also, the additional liquid will affect the texture of the brownies.
- Use unsalted butter– Because this prevents these brownies from becoming too salty.
- Reheating brownies– Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to be make them ooey gooey again.
- Line pan with foil– I always use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper this because the greased foil prevents the batter from sticking to the pan and you can cut/remove perfect slices plus it makes clean-up very easy.
Other Healthy Desserts
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Healthy Chocolate Truffles
- Healthy Chocolate Blueberry Truffles
Other Brownie Recipes
- Fudgy Avocado Brownies
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies
- Carrot Brownies
- Fudgy Oreo Brownies
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Fudgy Eggless Brownies
- Chocolate Orange Brownies
- Vegan Brownies
- Mocha Brownies with Coffee Glaze
Easy Black Bean Brownies
Quick and easy black bean brownies recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Soft, moist, rich and fudgy. Loaded with chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
- 1 can Black beans 15 oz. can, Drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Butter Melted, Unsalted
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips Semisweet or Milk
- 2 tbsp Additional chocolate chips Or chocolate chunks or discs, For topping
In a blender, add black beans, honey, butter, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
Add eggs and mix until just combined.
Sir in in 1/2 cup cup chocolate chips.
Pour brownie batter in a square pan (Dimensions: 8×8), lined with aluminum foil and greased.
Sprinkle 2 tbsp chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
Allow it to cool down completely and then cut slices. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!